Ability to use "Classic" mat color of SCAL2 for Cameo

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Jax

Ability to use "Classic" mat color of SCAL2 for Cameo

Post by Jax »

I'm having a hard time seeing my design or lettering in SCAL3 because of the mat color. I tried to change it but it there doesn't seem to be that feature. In SCAL2 the mat coloring was perfect for designing and seeing lettering. In SCAL 3 I have to fill in the letters to see them on the mat

Example:

Here is what is says:
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
papasue

Re: Ability to use "Classic" mat color of SCAL2 for Cameo

Post by papasue »

I may be totally missing something but here goes anyway.

It appears that you have a very light STROKE on your letters, you could try and make the stroke dark so that the letters show up better without using FILL.
Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 10.38.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 10.38.08 AM.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 7230 times
If this is not the answer you seek, try to explain again or perhaps someone smarter than I am will come along and offer another answer :P
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Same project but in SCAL2:

No need to darken the outline because the mat is lighter and the colors don't get lost in the mat.
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

might not help but under preferences, check what your alpha fill is set to under general.
the higher the % number the darker the fill of the shape. Not sure if it works on stroke too

only other way/workaround I can think of is add a cutter that has a lighter mat (try the cougar/lynx or silver bullet) I don't think you need the physical cutter to add it, just to cut to it, so make sure you set it back to your cutter before cutting.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

I too would love to be able to change the mat color as with the BC the mat color is orange and with the silver bullet it is blue. I had a friend call and asked the same question can the mat color be changed and sadly I had to tell them no not in scal.
iateachr

Post by iateachr »

Wondering if anyone ever found anything out about changing the mat color? I, too, have a hard time seeing things on my mat...
sklovstad

Post by sklovstad »

You can at least eliminate some of the lines in between the main grid lines. If you go to view->grid->customize grid you can change the appearance of the lines. I hope this helps a little.
mrsnataliecone

Post by mrsnataliecone »

I found a work around where I add a rectangle shape to my design and put it as the color that I would like to have on my background. I then use the "lock" feature and put my design on top of it. I hope this helps!