Presets save problem

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
paulojrsimoes

Presets save problem

Post by paulojrsimoes »

Hello
Whenever I try to save some preset in scal 3 he does not save. While I have the program open they are there, but the next time I open the scal, there is no longer anything that I saved, such as: speed and pressure to cut each material, and the amendment to dashed.
I try to save all that, but the next time I open the Salt 3 all gone.
This is very annoying.
Is there any way to solve this?
Thanks.

Paulo
papasue

Re: Presets save problem

Post by papasue »

Paulo,

SCAL3 has the option to customize your workspace by the kind of project you are working on as you've already found.

I have multiple workspace settings.

I often use 8.5 x 11" material so I have a workspace named 8.x11. I also have font table turned on and shapes table turned on if I'm going to work and design in SCAL3.

On another workspace I don't have shapes or fonts on and I have 12x12 mat, vertical since I most often import an Inkscape file and don't need the font or shapes table in the way of working. It is saved as Inkscape. When I open SCAL3 I just go up to the Windows/workspace and select the workspace layout for the type of project I am working on.
Screen shot 2012-10-14 at 9.48.33 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-10-14 at 9.48.33 AM.png (20.21 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
The benefit is only a few seconds of time saved to have the layout I want to work with....If you always want the same layout to appear when open scal3 you go to SCAL/preferences and ensure that "last mat setting" is checked that will bring up the last mat setting you used.

Not elegant and probably doesn't really answer your question but is the the best I can do.

I apologize that you had to wait so long for someone to answer, or attempt to answer your question.

Please continue to ask whatever and I will pay attention and answer as I can and if I can.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.