Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 am 

Craft edge, I would like to see a knife tool where you can slice a design in half and seperate them, I also would love to see bigger score lines, Im having a hard time seeing them, along with the ability to not change their color if I dont want to, I feel black is easier to see than other colors and of course would use white on darker colors like black.

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 am 

Scal 3 allows you to make a very thin line out of a rectange...then with front minus back, after positioning it, you can divide an image and still not loose much of it. This is improved over scal 2, imo. Also, with the score lines...for scal 2...in the Layers panel, the long rectangle color...if you click on that you can change the color of the score line, and for scal 3 it is the stroke line color box that you change. But I don't see any option to make them wider or fatter lines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:58 am 

Thanks gj1, i tried changing the color before, i was using the fill, i was wondering why it wasnt working, thank you very much!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:55 am 

gj1 wrote:
Scal 3 allows you to make a very thin line out of a rectange...then with front minus back, after positioning it, you can divide an image and still not loose much of it. This is improved over scal 2, imo. Also, with the score lines...for scal 2...in the Layers panel, the long rectangle color...if you click on that you can change the color of the score line, and for scal 3 it is the stroke line color box that you change. But I don't see any option to make them wider or fatter lines.

Gj, do I see another t-shirt in progress? This is very nicely done and a great explanation for the member for her big tree.

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 am 

gj1 wrote:
Scal 3 allows you to make a very thin line out of a rectange...then with front minus back, after positioning it, you can divide an image and still not loose much of it. This is improved over scal 2, imo.

You can divide an image without loosing ANY of it if you wish..

Create a rectangle wider than the object you wish to slice and tall enough to cover what will be one slice completely.
Move the rectangle over the object to cover what will be one slice.
Select both, Edit->Copy, Edit->paste in place.
Select one rectangle and one of the copies of the object, Path->Intersection.
Now select the second copy of the object and the second rectangle, Path->back minus front.

You now have the two slices with nothing missing at all ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:16 am 

I think you have found your home here, Louise...I knew that...but then, I did NOT know that...you explain everything so PERFECTLY! JOY...you are a JOY to have here!!! I just did the process you explained without any problems...that is easy :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 am 

And..

Of course the rectangle does not have to be a rectangle, it can be any shape so you can slice the object with a curve, wiggly line, anything at all ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:27 am 

Yes...this would make the tree stencil look better to use a wavy line edge, from one of the shapes. I might just consider this to be my next 'thing'...lol...making stencils out of silhouettes...could be fun :)

Love your tutorials!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 am 

Lots of helpful information ladies!!! I love this forum!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:29 am 

Although the color can be changed to make the score lines more visible, I think the way they are in Scal 2 is better....so I don't need to use my magnifying glasses even when the screen is magnified, with scal 3. I am assumeing eCal is the same narrow version.

Actually for print and cut the more narrow line is better...can there be a way to have both?