eCAL feature wish

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
HollieH

eCAL feature wish

Post by HollieH »

I adore the Print and Cut feature. However, I would love to be able to cut just within my image to assure a clean cut. This could be done by simply allowing negative values on the shadow layer.

Please please considering adding this option.

Thank you!
Louise-Paisley

Re: eCAL feature wish

Post by Louise-Paisley »

I second the motion.

It would be a very useful feature to have for several other design processes too ;)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Me too. I'd love to cut right around my objects with no white margin, and a nice bleed.
kamilicrafts

Post by kamilicrafts »

If Ecal had the trace outline function like the Silhouette does we would be able to do this without having to create a shadow first. Please consider putting this in an update, please, please, please...... :D
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Scal 3 is the same as ecal, from what I understand, and there is a trace image feature to achieve the outline. You can find it under File and TRACE.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
kamilicrafts

Post by kamilicrafts »

Yes I know that, that is how I trace it but you get the internal cut lines as well and unless you go through the long winded process of making a shadow layer each time there is no other way to do this :? In the Silhouette you can trace JUST the outline of an image. :)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Breaking apart and pulling off the outline...does not take that much...but a special button would be good, that just does the outline automatically.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

the feature you are requesting is a blackout, and already implemented in SCAL3, not sure about previous versions as never seen them..

However it is not part of the trace feature. It is a separate function..

Trace the image, if you get the rectangle round the perimeter then you do need to break apart and delete it, then select all the other bits and merge them back together.

To blackout any extra bits floating around in the middle of your outline simply change the Appearance -> Style to Blackout instead of normal (over in the properties panel on the right)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial