new node function for drawing

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
angel

new node function for drawing

Post by angel »

i would like to see a new node drawing tool that is easier to use than that bezier tool. my embroidery software uses nodes, when you place your square node and circular one follows behind it automatically, and then when you grab the circular node it will stretch your line automatically to curve, sliding it upwards or downwards will change the curve upwards or downwards, pulling it out from where it was placed will make a nice arc. that bezier tool is very hard to use, i hope to see something more like this in the future. thanks for listening!!!
papasue

Re: new node function for drawing

Post by papasue »

Angel, may I ask what software you are talking about. Inkscape works the way you describe. SCAL and eCAL do not and yes I agree that it would be great if working with nodes in SCAL/eCAL worked that way. This is exactly why I use Inkscape for the majority of my drawing.

Someday, maybe
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You can make arches with the handles in Scal 2. It just takes some practice. Click on a node and the handles show themselves, grab one and move it this way or that for curves and arches. If it works in scal 2, it must work in version 3 and ecal.

It helps I think to have more than 2 points on a line. If you don't see the handle, just pull on the node a bit. It took me about a day of working with it to learn how it goes. Now I find it very easy.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
angel

Post by angel »

hello everyone, i am using ecal for eclips, i do have the inkscape and forgive me i am a newborn to it, i have figured out the curve function but find it weird, i can make the arc but then to go back to a straight line from where i want to leave off there is still a small arc in the straight line right next to the node and then the line straightens further out from there. thanks for all the replys, i really need some tutorial.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You can add nodes to a line with the pen tool...by just clicking on the line and then go to the nodes tool and maybe with the new node added you can grab a handle and straighten out the bump or just remove the node on the other side and maybe that will work.. Hope this helps.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.