Struggling to work this in inkscape...

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
kbarlowe1

Struggling to work this in inkscape...

Post by kbarlowe1 »

I just watched a tutorial on inkscape and converted my first file to SVG....I was so proud of myself! :lol: However, when I tried to work on this one, and break up the parts, I could not pull it all together. I'm trying to do it in the 2 colors and cannot seem to get it right. What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any advice.
ecms logo2.jpg
ecms logo2.jpg (18.92 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
pastda3

Re: Struggling to work this in inkscape...

Post by pastda3 »

I imported the jpeg into Ink, then I traced the bitmap selected color, 5 scans. Then I did path, break apart, ungroup, click off to the side and then separated the different scans. Select the ones that look the best and delete the others. Hope this helps. I've also attached the svg for you just in case. :)
inktrace.jpg
inktrace.jpg (63.02 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
Attachments
drawing.svg
(27.3 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
kbarlowe1

Post by kbarlowe1 »

Thank you so much! I absolutely love when the instructions are easy! LOL! I opened my Ink and followed your instructions so I would understand how you did it. However, I do have one question. How did you determine when you selected "trace bitmap" that you were going to use "color" "5 scans"? I'm still learning so this question is probably obvious to the "seasoned" crafters!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Lucky guess! :lol: Seriously, a lot of times it's hit or miss. I first tried eight scans and that wasn't the best choice. Then decided to try five and that worked out better. There's also a "paintbucket technique. Again, depending on the image one method will work better than the other. Here's a great tutorial for the paintbucket.

http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2010 ... ics-video/
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***