making text wrap

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Tam

making text wrap

Post by Tam »

I would love to be able to type my phrase and hit the enter key and my text go to the next line. It's a bummer it don't do that now and you have to enter each line separately. That sucks.
Tam
firstcut

Re: making text wrap

Post by firstcut »

Tam,
I agree that this should be on the wish list. Unfortunately none of the cutting programs allow multiline text yet. Bummer.
In the meantime I have a tip for lining up text. I type a word using the same size and font using the vertical text tool to use as a guide. Then I line up the baseline of each line of my text with the baseline of one of the letters on the vertical text word. This is the easiest way I have found to line up paragraphs of text evenly.
Tam

Post by Tam »

Thank u Kay I appreciate that tip. I use my Pazzles pro software and it lets me wrap text but I was using an SVG file that I can't bring into Pro yet so was trying to do it in SCAL3 but no cookie. I will try your way. TY
Tam
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Tam,
Thanks for letting me know about Pazzles Pro. I spoke too soon. None of the Cricut cutting s/w will do multiline, but I see that the s/w for my new Silhouette (Sil Studio) will (yippee!)
Another thing some people do as a workaround is set up their text in MSWord or a page layout program and then print to PDF; or even import and trace a screen capture.