Just a few little things I'd Like to see with SCAL 3/Sil SD

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
regina_rhinestones

Just a few little things I'd Like to see with SCAL 3/Sil SD

Post by regina_rhinestones »

SCAL 3 Wish List (Silhouette SD)

--Ability for software to show a rhinestone counter (number of stones in the designs) - I saw this in a FunTime video; very helpful
--Ability to cancel and/or pause while cutting and printing (my two buttons are grayed out while cutting - have to turn the machine off)
--Ability to click on Save or Apply in the Silhouette Cut Settings area:
----After creating a new “Material”, I would like to click a save, ok, or apply button before cutting or test cutting
----After creating a new Material, the name selection keeps reverting back to Custom Presets and saving the default settings to my new material settings instead of the software’s original settings. If the setting is to be the same as what I last set (which is great), shouldn’t the material name be the name I set also?
--Is there anyway to dock or lock the windows in the workspace?

Thanks a bunch if you can add this in future updates.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Just a few little things I'd Like to see with SCAL 3/Sil

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you look on your right hand side in scal on your work mat look at the layers box.. click beside the eye and you can lock your project there...You can also pause and cancel your project as well.. there are two buttons when your cutting box opens...
regina_rhinestones

Sweetness4713 wrote:If you look on your right hand side in scal on your work mat look at the layers box.. click beside the eye and you can lock your project there...You can also pause and cancel your project as well.. there are two buttons when your cutting box opens...
Thanks, but on mine it doesn't give me the option to pause/cancel while cutting. Also, I just got a PM from craftedge stating that they don't think there is a way to pause/cancel with the Sil SD. No biggie though, I will just continue to turn the machine off to stop it (which I hate to do because sometimes I just need to pause).
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Good list, Regina!
That must be a design flaw in the Silhouette then that prevents pausing...uggh!
Also, you can save your window configuration under the window menu. Not exactly docking or locking but better than nothing.
regina_rhinestones

firstcut wrote:Good list, Regina!
That must be a design flaw in the Silhouette then that prevents pausing...uggh!
Also, you can save your window configuration under the window menu. Not exactly docking or locking but better than nothing.
Thanks. I just have to keep closing the windows each time I reopen. I thought I had saved a workspace, but it didn't take. It's annoying, but I'm hanging in there. :-)

Also, I sold the SD in less than a week or ordering it. I just couldn't take it anymore. I have since purchased a Pazzles Inspiration.