i'm missing digital measurement option

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Carolien

i'm missing digital measurement option

Post by Carolien »

What i’m missing is a measure tool. I would like to pick to points in my project (by clicking with my Mouse, where the distance automaticly apears in cm and inches) and measure it in cm and in inches.
Example :

See attachment.

I have got this picture with I want to cut.

I want te measure the distance between the to holes. This is because I want to hang up a Photo. It has to fit. So I need to know what the distance is between these two holes.

This option would also be very handy for cutting out photo frames.
Attachments
hanging_sign_post_svg.png
hanging_sign_post_svg.png (24.5 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: i'm missing digital measurement option

Post by Sweetness4713 »

What I would do with is open your image in SCAL then just use the pen tool and draw a line from side to side.. Look at what the measurements are in the properties box on the side...
gj1

Post by gj1 »

He is a look at it for a 5 X 7 picture. I marked Keep Proportions for the sign post and had to change to a long mat. It could all be adjusted smaller for say a 4 x 6. Once the size is determined the rectangle can be deleted.
Carolien

Post by Carolien »

Thanks you so much for the tip. Something drawing extra and then measure the distance is not quite what I mend. I'm looking for a special key combination so you will be able to activate your measuring instrument. As long as you press the key combination you are able to use your mouse and click between the different distances. The numbers will automatically appear in your screen in cm and inches. When you release the key combination then you are able to continue with your project, without having to remove something first. In this way you can quickly measure various points to see whether the project fits. It would be so nice.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Carollen,
First off, I will gladly second your suggestion for a measuring tool as there have been many times when this would have come in handy.
For your particular application, though, I can think of 2 solutions that would work better. One is to create a rectangle the width of the distance apart you need the holes to be and then adjust your shape until the holes line up with the rectangle. Another way is to define a custom grid (if necessary) and use the lines on the mat to determine the proper distance.
(With the measuring tool you have to measure then adjust, then measure, adjust, etc.)
Another new feature would be even better for something like this and that would be draggable guidelines, so while we are wishing for advanced graphics features lets add that, too!