Read MTC files

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
scrapbookernana

Read MTC files

Post by scrapbookernana »

I was just playing with the demo MTC and I see that MTC can open SCUT files. Is it possible SCAL could open MTC files? Thank you. Jeanette
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Read MTC files

Post by Sweetness4713 »

No it can't..
missiethegal
Location: Iowa...XP, SCAL 1 & 2, Inkscape, bit of Illustrator

Post by missiethegal »

There is an option in mtc to save as svg-- so there is a workaround. Not sure how the trial differs from the full version though.

And by the way, if you have downloaded the trial version from BEFORE the mtc lawsuit settlement (pre mid-March) it has the Cricut drivers. (can be registered and used with Cricut) but now the version available on the mtc site does not. Just in case you may have wanted to purchase mtc and thought it was now too late. Of course, you can't upgrade from whatever version your trial is though. :(
scrapbookernana

Post by scrapbookernana »

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear - I was posing the question actually as a wish for the wishlist. If MTC can read SCUT, is it possible to add a feature to SCAL to enable the software read MTC? Unfortunately I downloaded the demo MTC after the cricut drivers were deleted. Thank you both for your responses. Jeanette
missiethegal
Location: Iowa...XP, SCAL 1 & 2, Inkscape, bit of Illustrator

Post by missiethegal »

scrapbookernana wrote:Sorry if I didn't make myself clear - I was posing the question actually as a wish for the wishlist. If MTC can read SCUT, is it possible to add a feature to SCAL to enable the software read MTC? Unfortunately I downloaded the demo MTC after the cricut drivers were deleted. Thank you both for your responses. Jeanette
I have a feeling that this won't happen anytime soon due to the lawsuits.