Need SCAL mat numbers same as cricut mat

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Maggie

Need SCAL mat numbers same as cricut mat

Post by Maggie »

Currently, they are not graduated in the same direction.

What I mean is: no matter which direction you insert the mat into the Cricut, it starts at 12 inches on the upper left of the mat, then counts down to the lower right to 1", and stars at 12" in the upper left, counting down to 1" in the upper right. The mat is reverse on the right, starting at 1, and going up to 12" at the bottom right. When you look at the screen mat, however, it starts at 1 on both sides, going down to 12". Look at a mat inserting into a machine, versus the screen mat and you'll see the discrepencies.

It would be very helpful for image placement if the numbers on the screen reflected those on a true mat.

Useage: right now, I am using an older piece of paper with a "hole" i need to avoid. Without trimming the paper first, it would be great to look at the mat and be able to say, okay, I'm at 11 here, so I need to be at 11 on the screen...instead, I have to count inches up and over, then translate it to the screen, an unnecessary step really.
Maggie

Re: Need SCAL mat numbers same as cricut mat

Post by Maggie »

btt
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

I'm confused. My mat is the opposite of what you're saying. When I look at it the way I'd be feeding it into the machine, it's exactly the same as my screen. Starts with 1 in the upper left.
Heather
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Maggie

I have same problem as you although I am now wondering if it is only since the latest updates as it wasn't until I read your post that I noticed it. Checked some new mats I purchased recently and they are the same, graded 12 to 1 inch from top left corner as you feed into machine. Anyone any ideas and can the virtual mat be changed? It would definitely make life easier if the virtual and actual mats were the same.
Maureen

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Have you tried changing your mat orientation?
I am confused because I cannot see what you mean
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Thank you Butterfly that was the problem! Must have inadvertently changed my layout to vertical. Sometimes I can't see the wood for trees! :roll:
Maureen

Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Orientation did not seem to make a difference on my end.

If I look the sticky Cricut mat with it in my hand with the arrow pointing up, my #1 is on the upper right.

If I look at the screen with the arrow pointing up, #12 is on the upper right.
maureenmcn

Post by maureenmcn »

Yes, if you mean the arrow indicating the direction of the machine feed, with the arrow pointing up on the Cricut mat my #1 is on upper right and on the SCAL mat it is on the upper left. However when I change the orientation in the SCAL properties window/document to horizontal (landscape) the arrow on the SCAL mat points to the left and if I turn the Cricut mat the same way then the numbers do match up. Have to say I would prefer the arrow to be at the top of the page as I think it is more intuitive but hey something for the Wish List?
Maureen

Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

What she is speaking about is the measurement numbers at the top and the side.. The numbers are not reflecting to the same as the virtual mat. I understand totally what you mean. .I do find this confusing when positioning my paper on my real mat as to reflect the placement on my virtual mat.. Especially ifyou want to cut out more than one shape of different colors of pieces of paper at once...
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

I see what you mean now. I always look at my mat with the arrow pointing to the right or left and have gotten so used to doing that now, it just seems normal. I would probably get confused it my arrow were pointing up.
Heather