Welding and shadowing

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Four11Lady

Welding and shadowing

Post by Four11Lady »

I know all you talented ladies know how to do this stuff with the INKSCAPE program, but I downloaded it and it looks so confusing to me! I will play with it tomorrow, but I really HOPE and PRAY that these features can be integrated into the SCAL program!!!!!!! Guess I am still in the prehistoric days and not hip to technology!!!!!!!! LOL ;)
lilgreykitty

Re: Welding and shadowing

Post by lilgreykitty »

I'm with you. I checked out inkscape too, and I couldn't understand a thing. I'm just going to try to be patient and wait for these two things to be added to SCAL.
=^..^=
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

This guide can truly help you weld and make a shadow literally in minutes: http://www.craftedge.com/products/Tutor ... 20SCAL.pdf. I know what you mean about being overwhelmed with Inkscape, I was too when I first downloaded it and I'm in the software industry! You can follow this guide step by step and create a weld very quickly and easily. (you only need the first couple of pages - the remainder goes in to additional fun things you can do that aren't necessary to only learn how to weld). You do not need to have the same font the guide uses, you can choose any that's on your system. Stay with a font that is easy to read until you get the hang of it.

This post, third item down, says how to create the shadow, aka, mat. http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=200

One trick when using Inkscape is to pay attention to the type of pointer (your mouse) that is active. Whenever you want to type letters, click on the "A" on the left side panel near the bottom so that you have the A pointer and can type. Whenever you want to select letters, click on the arrow at on the left side panel at the top so that you have a selector pointer and can click on and move objects. Inkscape tends to change the mode you are in without you realizing it. Basically, if you can't select, click on the arrow in the top of the left panel, if you can't type, click on the "A" near the bottom of the left panel.

Hope this helps.
Wendy
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

Thanks for the incouragement Wendy. When it comes to moving, saving, copying, cut and pasteing things, I am easly confused. In fact, I have never learned to do the last three, and from what I have read on the MB it seems that you have to do a lot of that with Inkscape. Plus I have no idea what all those files are that you girls talk about. Sometimes its just "over the head" when one is a senior citizen, and that is so frustrating. :x
=^..^=