along the lines of group/ungroup

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
jancy

along the lines of group/ungroup

Post by jancy »

when importing svg files, if there are separate images, they all move at the same time & can not be separated(according to another poster)

in other cutter programs such as Wishblade & Robomaster, when files are imported, they can move independantly of one another. each item can also have the lines changed to different colors & each color line can be selected to cut at the discretion of the user.

In the image below, you can see how each cut line has a different color. I can select each color individually & cut only that color. I can also move each piece on the canvas to where I want it without moving the other pieces.

It would be great to be able to move each item separately within one file when imported.

hope this makes sense.

example: (this was traced / created in inkscape)

plg1117

Re: along the lines of group/ungroup

Post by plg1117 »

I was just reading about the cutting lines on a tutorial about Inkscape :)

I would love to see this feature in SCA - otherwise we would have to ungroup all of the items in Inkscape and save them separately and then it seems when we import into SCA it's not keeping the sizes the same (when I keep the items as one file they don't change) I have to do a little tweaking to get the mat back to the right size- but then I'm running into the freezing up problem... And if you had alot of items grouped together it will be a pain to save all as individual items and regroup to check and then move again to cut.... :cry:

I would say the feature you're describing is a must!!
jancy

Post by jancy »

plg1117 wrote:I was just reading about the cutting lines on a tutorial about Inkscape :)

I would love to see this feature in SCA - otherwise we would have to ungroup all of the items in Inkscape and save them separately and then it seems when we import into SCA it's not keeping the sizes the same (when I keep the items as one file they don't change) I have to do a little tweaking to get the mat back to the right size- but then I'm running into the freezing up problem... And if you had alot of items grouped together it will be a pain to save all as individual items and regroup to check and then move again to cut.... :cry:

I would say the feature you're describing is a must!!
are you grouping your items in inkscape before saving ? I never do. If you do that for use in RoboMaster or Wishblade, it just won't work.

if you are, try not doing that & then open them in SCA & see what you can do with the file/mat ,etc.
plg1117

Post by plg1117 »

No.. I haven't done anything real complicated - basically a word with a mat. I'm just playing around with the software right now - trying to learn.

What I've done so far is make the word and the mat and separate them far enough apart that I can use two different colors of paper on my mat. Then I save the file.

But no matter which way I do it - either saving both mat and word in same file or making 2 files - when I import into SCA the size changes. I have to redo my sizing to what I made it in Inkscape.
jancy

Post by jancy »

I think the size will change no matter what software you use to make a file & import.

I never size anything in inkscape before cutting. I always use the cutter software for sizing to my liking before I cut.

thanks for your feedback, it's nice to hear about how others use the software!