Best vinyl to get?

demodebi

Best vinyl to get?

Post by demodebi »

I want to do some glasses, etc and put some on my mailbox and outdoor items....which would be the right kind to get?...Also, any suggestions on where?...lol

thanks so much!
Butterfly

Re: Best vinyl to get?

Post by Butterfly »

Alot of people here on the forum use H & H for their vinyl

http://www.hhsignsupply.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

There are a few other places too but I can't think of them, But i am sure some one else will know what am talking about and fill in the missing blanks...LOL
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
demodebi

Post by demodebi »

thank you so much.....I have a printer here who gave me her end cuts of vinyl and I should get ahold of her and find out what kind it is.....

I did put some of her's on my mailbox and it seems to be holding up BUT when I use it to etch glass the vinyl comes right off when I'm taking off the creme..kwim?

again thanks
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

i usually buy Oracle from Signwarehouse.com. Have had no problems with it and it does well when i am etching also. I have run it thru the dishwasher also on top rack but suggest to those i give it to to hand wash just to be sure.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
mwinkis

Post by mwinkis »

H&H is a great place to order from. If your are using the vinyl on a surface that will be washed or have to hold up to the elements use what is referred to as outdoor vinyl, it usi=ually has a glossy finish. Two good outdoor vinyls that HH sells are Oracal 651 and GT5. The GT5 is a little cheaper. I have used and like both.

If you are going to put it on a wall or prefer a matter finish you should use what is referred to as indoor vinyl. Two good types of indoor vinyl available from HH are MacTac 8900 and Oracal 631. I have used the 631 on my mailbox and it has held up just fine for two years now. I would never use 631 if I plan on putting it in the dishwasher.

If you are a new customer use the code FIRSTORDER at checkout for free shipping!
Hope that helps. Good Luck!!
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

I have a chat here to help you pick
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/which-vinyl

You might check with a local sign shop for scraps. They use the "outdoor" or sign vinyl that you would want for the projects you mention and their scraps are plenty large for put small machines.