Girlscout anti-bullying T-shirt, fabric rhinestones stencils

Share your completed projects
mommyshome

Girlscout anti-bullying T-shirt, fabric rhinestones stencils

Post by mommyshome »

This is my first post here, please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

My sister called and she was telling my that my neice's girlscout troup is doing an anti-bullying campaign and they came up with a slogan. "Bullies Don't Get Cupcakes" I thought that was just adorable and I took it and ran. I made little kits so that the girlscouts could do their own T-shirts.

Finished Shirt:
*****PICS DELETED*****

I made the design on SCAL 2. I started with making the cupcake on Inkscape. When I took it over to SCAL, because I wanted to cut each piece in a different color fabric I had to play with it a little to get it to just the piece because of the way the lines are. For instance, If I wanted to cut just the middle cake piece I had to cut the middle and the top/frosting because there was no top line to that piece, the top line was the frosting line. So that took some playing with. I did freezer paper stencils for the painted wording. To send the pieces to her, I used cardstock and applied some glue that is repositionable when it's dry, I used a very small amount of glue. I just stuck the finished pieces onto the tacky cardstock for shipment. I also marked with a pencil the upper side of the tiny pieces so she wouldn't have to fiddle with which said was up on those tiny pieces. The rhinestones were done right on SCAL, I used 2 free fonts I found online. Two only because I didn't like how one of the letters looked in one of them. I did the rhinestones but I always find I like to adjust them to look neater. Also, to make it easier for my sister, I created a template for marking her shirts so that all of the shirts would looks somewhat consistent.

Template:
*****PIC DELETED*****

Here is the entire PDF that I put together for my sister so that they could do their part of the assembly:
*****LINK DELETED*****

She just posted pictures on her facebook and it looks like they are all coming out great. I'm so happy it worked, although I was pretty sure it would.

Thanks for letting me share.
~Treva
Last edited by mommyshome on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
gj1

Re: Girlscout anti-bullying T-shirt, fabric rhinestones sten

Post by gj1 »

What an AMAZING job you did...your sister is lucky to have you to do this for her and the Scouts. Thanks for sharing and hope you will come back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

Thanks so much gj1. I was just so happy to do this and the girls were so excited too. It made me feel so good.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You really know how to put together a GREAT design layout!..The mix of fabric, paint and rhinestones just sets it apart as really terrific!!!
Deb Z

Post by Deb Z »

Great shirt!
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

Thanks so much for your kind responses. I really love the design part, even the tedious work. It makes me think about my brother, I miss him so much. He had a sign shop and he taught me a lot in only 1 day I spent at his shop. I wouldn't have even known that I like doing this if it weren't for him. He passed away after a long battle with cancer, which we believe he got from the toxins in the water after hurricane Katrina. He was rescueing people and in the water a lot. Several of the firefighters in the area came down with cancer. I just have to give him some credit too.

I received a very sweet message in my inbox, I'm sorry I didn't notice it sooner. I just registered today. I can't find a reply button anywhere and then I tried to send a PM back but apparently newbies aren't allowed to do that. Many Blessings and Thanks SO Much!!!
~Treva
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Very very sad about your brother, and a wonderful tribute in your message....it would please him.

I guess newbies have to wait till after a few posts to do pm's. I got your note here, though, and removed the email for security reasons, we don't want them posted.

Have a GREAT day and thanks again for sharing this!!!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Welcome Treva. What an awesome job you did on the t-shirts and that slogan really is cute.

So sorry about your brother's passing and the story behind it is so tragic. :( I echo gj in stating what a wonderful tribute to him in your message.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

Thank you so much pastda3.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

great job on the shirt. I am just dabbling in stones so that is encouraging.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro