Zipper Card

Share your completed projects
lillygirl7

Zipper Card

Post by lillygirl7 »

I made a new file with paper zippers. Having so much fun with these I can't stopping unzipping them.!!! :) I am going to give this one to my grandma so I just took a picture before attaching the top to the card. Just took this picture to show what will be hiding under the zipper. Another EGG-scuse for Chocolate! :)
http://sugargemscrafts.blogspot.com/201 ... olate.html

The white card gets glued underneath the embellished card with the sentiment surprise underneath the zipper.
The white card gets glued underneath the embellished card with the sentiment surprise underneath the zipper.
craftspics185_1-picsay.jpg (47.27 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
Card assembled
Card assembled
crafts_pics_240-picsay.jpg (26.42 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
This picture just shows how the zipper unzips. I just couldn't let myself unzip the Easter card yet I have to give it to someone. But it takes a lot strength not to unzip it. I keep cutting these zippers out to just play with them and unzip them. It's like bubble wrap once you start you can't stop. :)
This picture just shows how the zipper unzips. I just couldn't let myself unzip the Easter card yet I have to give it to someone. But it takes a lot strength not to unzip it. I keep cutting these zippers out to just play with them and unzip them. It's like bubble wrap once you start you can't stop. :)
crafts_pics_027-1-picsay.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
Last edited by lillygirl7 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lillygirl7

Re: Zipper Card

Post by lillygirl7 »

Sorry I don't know why the picture is so HUGE? lol
papasue

Post by papasue »

Just had to go to your blog to find out about Zippers. Not sure I really understand them but the look is adorable done in your card.

Try resizing your .jpg down to about 6.00" and 92 dpi and repost. I think it would show up better smaller.

Love this and thanks for sharing. I'm back to your blog to see more.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

PapaSue, think about opening a box of pasta or cereal... You have to pull the perforated piece off to open the box, in this case, the card. You can utilize the dashed lines SCAL already makes, or make your own, little hearts, circles, etc.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Thanks Kate, It was really hard to see for me.

Yep, sounds like you could do it. I'll try.
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

This is wonderful...I am glad the photo is large to really see the zipper part. I looked this up the other day, and could not find or understand what it was about. AWESOME...tfs!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Really cute card! I'm still not quite sure about the concept. So, when you "unzip" it, is that how you open it? or is the envelope zipped and that's how you get the card out? Or, is there something under the zipper? Thanks...and sorry for being dense here.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I have the same questions so if you are missing something then there is now two of us. I am still fascinated tho and will pursus.
Susan E

eClips2.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Not exactly sure how lillygirl7 made her card, but I would glue the top of the card below the zipper to the back of the card. Then when the receiver would have to pull the zipper to open the top part of the card to reveal the message. Another concept is using it on a box or gift bag. They are made so the giver fills them, glues shut the bottom, and again, the receiver had to pull the zipper to open.
lillygirl7

Post by lillygirl7 »

I cut the white sheet the same dimensions as the basket (embellished sheet) sheet then glue them together. Then when the recipient receives the card they get to pull the paper zipper off revealing the cute sentiment that was hidden underneath.

I don't know how to size it down to those dimensions? I don't know what program to use?

Edited * Actually I ended up using a photo program on my phone to change the size of the photo! Crazy my phone is easier than my computer. Haha