Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
bridgit2008

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by bridgit2008 »

I have v2.34 on my E and SCAL 2 works perfectly.

I also want to express my disappointment in PC for stopping the use of this wonderful, easy to use software with our cricut machines. Any user knows that there is a place for carts and a place to be able to design your own cuts. Having SureCutsAlot has not stopped me fom buying carts and my collection has grown just this week with the purchase of Boys will be Boys. Hopefully PC can see their mistake before alienating too many users and work with people like Todd to come up with a useable solution for us all.

Just my 2 cents :)
twofords

Post by twofords »

So I guess this software isn't compatible with the Expression 2??
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Unfortunately, no it is not....and there is not any software out there that will be (the limitations of the Cricut machine) and not the software developers.
Sandy in PA
twofords

Post by twofords »

Well poop! BUT if I stil have my old Expression I am ok...right? I have SCAL 2
papasue

Post by papasue »

RIGHT, you just will not be able to update it. CraftEdge has moved on to SCAL3 which won't run on your Cricut, but many, many of us will continue to use our E until it dies, then we will worry about it.

svg files will continue to be options for SCAL2 users. The only ones you won't be able to use are any ones that are posted as SCAL3, but right now both programs are identical but will change over time as CE will continue to enhance SCAL3.

Hope this clears your concerns.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
KenC

Post by KenC »

I am sure glad I purchased SCAL 2 before it became unavailable! Thank you for also providing a free upgrade to SCAL 3. I'm happy to see that it supports the eCraft. Now I can hardly wait to get my hands on one of those! Does it support creating the micro perforations that it uses to keep the work in place?
twofords

Post by twofords »

Thank you for all the help guys! Very sad that PC is cornering the market this way....
LORNADUCK

Post by LORNADUCK »

I am new here, have lurked for a while. But I have a question. I downloaded the trail version of SCAL2 and never brought it. Since I have the trial version can I still purchase it and if I can how do I do it??
Thank you for your help
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Probably not at this point. You might want to contact CraftEdge and let them make the final call on that one.
Sandy in PA
hhalliburton

Post by hhalliburton »

How do I go about getting version 2? I can only find v3 online and that doesn't do me any good since I have a Cricut?

Heidi