Sure Cuts A Lot 2.011 Update Released

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Deloris

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.011 Update Released

Post by Deloris »

Beckie wrote:Please call me at 830-914-6419 I need to have this resolved. I have reinstalled it and it is not working for me.It is double on my screen now. Where the fonts are it is totally black. where the icons for are they move all over the place.What is wrong. Is any one else having this problem?
Beckie, have you sent an email to support@craftedge.com

I'm not sure that Todd reads all the posts on the forum so he may not see your message.
craftybarb

Post by craftybarb »

Is it safe to update now? I had problems with the last update and am being real cautious.... I can wait, rather than have issues!
chubbygal60

Post by chubbygal60 »

craftybarb wrote:Is it safe to update now? I had problems with the last update and am being real cautious.... I can wait, rather than have issues!
Will today I reinstalled version 2.10. While using 2.11d I found that sometimes something as simple as moving an object on the mat wasn't smooth and sometimes it wouldn't go or stay where I had moved it to. Even the arrow keys didn't help a lot. I got frustrated and decided to restall 2.10 . It worked great...had no issues.

Syl
kksmom

Post by kksmom »

I'm just wondering when all of the kinks are going to be worked out. I was unfortunate enough to buy the already upgraded version and now I can't go back to a older version :( I can't get this new version to let me open my svg's but I have no problem with an older trial version. I even installed the 2.011 trial on my husband's pc and it won't let me open them there either but they work in the older version, and on MTC trial. Weird! Other people have been able to open them when I send to them so I wonder what is going on. I just want to use this new program that I paid good money for. I've waited all day for craftsedge to get back to me and nothing!
cobia

Post by cobia »

Shelley wrote:
stormteaser19 wrote:
blondemommy wrote:I think I figured out the wrap text thing! Ok...select a shape, like a circle. Then click on the shape tools so you get nodes. Then click on the text tool, hold it down until you get the option to "type on a path". Then click on the edge of the circle and start typing. I hope this helps and I hope it makes sense!!!! I love SCAL!
Well isnt that cool! That makes it a lot easier to type around things like that! Thanks for the great find! Also i downloaded 2011d and have not had an problem cutting...yet. but i have only cut 1 thing.

WOWEEE I didn't even know we could do that!!!! That makes me stoked! :D
I was trying to do this (thanks for the tip) but if i don't want to cut the circle along with my words i typed, how do i get rid of it??? When i try, it deletes my words and all...
Cobia
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Just break it apart :D
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Shelley wrote:Just break it apart :D
whoops... I think I actually meant "ungroup"... you could always cover up your shape too, and do path back minus front too I think...?

Ungroup should do it though... If you break it apart the centers of your letters will break apart too, I think?

just fiddle around with it :lol:
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

cobia wrote:I was trying to do this (thanks for the tip) but if i don't want to cut the circle along with my words i typed, how do i get rid of it??? When i try, it deletes my words and all...
Cobia
Have you tried Preview or cutting? When I use Preview, the shape disappears. I haven't cut any to make sure, but just give it a try with some scrap paper.
craftybarb

Post by craftybarb »

I think I will wait a while yet to update. Sounds like a lot of kinks yet .................
Robin Wright

Post by Robin Wright »

Sweetness4713 wrote:Can anyone get their images to go into their personal Library.. I'm having a heck of a time adding them...I click and it does nothing..
When I click on the Personal Library link, nothing happens. Just uploaded the update today. Anyone else having trouble with the Personal library *the best part of the update, I think, if I can get it to work :)

Oh, and thanks to whomever explained how to do text to path. You've opened a whole new world of letter fun for me!

Robin