Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by HeatherM »

pennsylvaniakate wrote:I would like to buy the upgrade now that the bugs are getting worked out. I didn't save my serial number. Is there any way to find it in the program files?
Yes, open SCAL and from the menu select Help/About. It will tell you your serial number. HTH
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Thanks so much, Heather.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If memory serves me you don't need your old serial number.. When you download the new scal and activate it it will assign you a code number.. You type in that code number and it assigns a new serial number..and gives you the 30 dollar special..
budafam

Post by budafam »

I am VERY disappointed that we have to pay to upgrade. I was always under the assumption that if SCAL was ever improved, we would get it for free considering we paid for it already. I won't be purchasing the new program OR recommending it to anyone anymore. This bites.
happy2scrap56

Post by happy2scrap56 »

Is it true with this new upgrade, that I don't have to get frustraed with trying to learn INKSCAP? If so I will upgrade
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I'm slightly put out by those that don't want to pay for the new SCAL.

And I say that with heavy emphasis on the sarcasm.

What software is putting out new versions for free? Microsoft doesn't. Photoshop doesn't. Norton doesn't. Etc., etc., etc.

Even things outside the virtual world are not upgraded for free. If you buy a 2010 Ford Focus this year, (sorry to break this to you) you won't get the 2011 for free next year.

SCAL 2 is NOT an update to SCAL 1. It is an upgrade. A WHOLE NEW PROGRAM. Oh, by the way, if I have Provo Craft's Design Studio, do I get the Gypsy for free? NO! Why? Because it is A WHOLE NEW PROGRAM.

You are LUCKY Craft Edge is offering you a discounted price. Few software companies do that.

So if you want to complain, fine. But, quite frankly my dear, we don't give a dang.

So, to Craft Edge, thank you for the time and effort you put into the program. I love the freedom you give us to use our Cricuts the way we want. It is worth every penny of the $75, and I would have paid that. But, I didn't have to. I thank you for your generosity in the discounted price. Thank you for your continued support as the program is put to good use, and the bugs are worked out.

On behalf of all your many supporters,

Kate

P.S. And your unsupporters, too!
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

pennsylvaniakate wrote: So, to Craft Edge, thank you for the time and effort you put into the program. I love the freedom you give us to use our Cricuts the way we want. It is worth every penny of the $75, and I would have paid that. But, I didn't have to. I thank you for your generosity in the discounted price. Thank you for your continued support as the program is put to good use, and the bugs are worked out.

On behalf of all your many supporters,

Kate

P.S. And your unsupporters, too!
Hear, hear, I agree fully. I love SCAL2 already, even with the bugs. (Hey I remember XP had to put out some big patches after it was rolled out to fix some of its bugs so nothing is perfect first off). I love that Todd and the team are taking notice of the bugs we find and are fixing them as promptly as they can.
And I too, would have happily paid the full amount for the new version, but am extra happy that I didn't have to - especially with currency conversion rates here at present :)
(I just did a quick look at Provocraft prices - if I had paid full price for SCAL2 & SCAL1 it still would have been less than buying Design Studio and only 1 cartridge - and I can create so much more with SCAL than DS and 1 cartridge!)
I have been a huge supporter of SCAL since I stumbled over it a year or so ago and I can't see me ever not wanting to sing its praises when I create some amazing things that I never thought possible when I got my cricut machine.
So from this supporter and admirer THANK YOU so much
Raewyn
scrappinpeach

Post by scrappinpeach »

ditto ditto ditto
the new program is so worth it
I love love love it
If you own the expression, you have the most cutting freedom of anything presently on the market for the price.
It truly is an amazing program. I am the envy of my weekly crops with my expression and my sure cuts alot 2.
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Is it true with this new upgrade, that I don't have to get frustraed with trying to learn INKSCAP? If so I will upgrade
YES! It's true!

I have a wish list item for SCAL3 already, though! Sorry! Under Page, "Duplicate Page" (would make it easier to do a shadow blackout feature)! =) It would also be nice if the boxes/windows did a "snap to edge" thing and stayed just inside the frame so you could still see the scroll bars of the mat without covering them up. Also, I noticed SCAL2 doesn't retain my last used mat size or allow me to select a default size (or view) for that matter! This may be in the wrong forum...if so, I am sorry!

And amen about the $30 upgrade! It is definitely WELL WORTH IT!
Funkay Monkay Mamma

Post by Funkay Monkay Mamma »

Re: Kate's Post

BRAVO!! You took the words right out of my mouth!!