Padding compound for binding booklets

Share items and files that help with SCAL projects
gj1

Padding compound for binding booklets

Post by gj1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tZBBjuOr8

I was watching about how crafters bind booklets and thought maybe I would share this.
I have used it before and it makes some nice note pads...I would think a bit of additional padding compound could be used to attach the stack of paper to a cardstock cover, also. No heat used, but it does have a bit of an odor.

I was given the padding compound and did not purchase it from this place or anywhere...but I see it is at most office supply stores.

This just happened to be the only video about how to use it....it gets funny toward the end and has a portion for home users.

My booklets were small and so I just used a tiny artist type brush and a book to weight it all down.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Re: Padding compound for binding booklets

Post by pastda3 »

gj- this is so timely. I swear I was recently thinking about how to do something like this, but I didn't know what the compound was called. I was actually tempted to try to use craft glue. Thanks so much for this info. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

That was awesome. I never even thought about making note pads but now I'm very tempted. My craft supplies are already taking over the house, so what's one more fun thing to make gonna matter? :D Seriously though, I'm thinking my neices would like some personalized note pads for Christmas.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Wow, I've often wondered about this too! Yay, that just might be a stocking stuffer this year!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Looks like the cost is about $15 or $20 for a bottle...enough to share and split cost with a couple of friends. I was given some, and so half of a bottle...made notepads till I never want to do it again, and still have almost a full jar.

The cardboard backing does not have to be real thick, either...cerial boxes would would fine.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.