Vinyl for sale

Share items and files that help with SCAL projects
Paula Anne

Vinyl for sale

Post by Paula Anne »

Hi everyone.
I have a bunch of vinyl here. It's oracal 631 and a have a ton of colors.
Is anyone interested in purchasing it. Unfortunately, OH MY CRAFTS (when asked) neglected to inform me that I could not use this on products exposed to water.
GRRRRRR!

I have Lipstick red (2) White Coud (2) Ebony (3), ladybug red (3) blue oasis, grape (2) hot pink (3) mint green (2), brushed gold 2, grushed silver , silver grew metallic (2) Gold metallic (3), Hunter Green and christmas red.

My cost was $52.63 and my shipping was $5.00.
I would be willing to sell it all in one shipment for $45.00 (that includes shipping).

Contact me at
paula@candywrapsandmore.com
Thanks
Paula
Rosie0530

Re: Vinyl for sale

Post by Rosie0530 »

Can you tell us what size they are? Thanks.

Deb Z

Post by Deb Z »

Actually, in Oracal's sample Color Guide, #631 is rated for outdoor durability for 3 years. I would guess that would mean it could be exposed to rain and still stay on for that length of time.

Where did you see that it couldn't be exposed to water?
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Outdoor life is I think actually more to do with how weathering affect the bond and the colours, by weathering normally this is more to do with thermal expansion contraction during hot/ cold spells and UV radiation rather than rain. Short life vinyl will become brittle under UV exposure much faster, then thermal expansion/ contraction will start to create fractures which accelerate the failure.

When properly applied any sign vinyl is pretty much waterproof as far as I am aware, the sheet is glued in place over the full surface area and water penetration is I would say almost impossible until the glue has been deteriorated by some other means, however this also relies on the substrate being completely smooth (glass, vehicle paintwork etc) so if the substrate has a micro porous surface layer water would be able to penetrate behind the bond.
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Paula Anne

Post by Paula Anne »

Hi. I was told by expressions vinyl that it should NOT be used for anything exposed to water, and expect to hold up.
Since sell my crafts, I truly could not in good concious take a chance.
So, I am looking to sell it.

The size of the sheets are 12x24.

Thanks for the interest, sorry for the delay in posting.
Paula
Paula Anne

Post by Paula Anne »

Still no interest? Poo!