only 3 registration marks visible instead of 4

Common questions/answers for new users
Gpw

only 3 registration marks visible instead of 4

Post by Gpw »

hi please help I can only get 3 registration marks tl,tr,br.and my cutter will not recognise them,ive watched videos etc everyone has 4 registration marks what am I doing wrong,thanks in advance
Last edited by Gpw on Sun May 17, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SandyMcC

Re: only 3 registration marks

Post by SandyMcC »

I need to know what version of SCAL you're using, PC or Mac, and then what cutter brand and model?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Gpw

Post by Gpw »

Hi I’m using scal5
Pc win 10
UKCUTTER Smurf HWQ1200
Thanks in advance
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I assume that in the other videos, SCAL is not the software being used?

Assuming, you have followed the instructions carefully and read the Calibrate Laser instructions, as well, if I were in your position, I would send a message to UK Cutter to find out if ARMS is supported on your model cutting from SCAL and, if so, what might be the problem? For one, I notice that the Calibrate Laser>Edit Values window indicates the defaults are set to 0,0 telling me that most likely you need to follow a calibration process first in order get the X and Y distance from the optic eye to the blade tip entered. On the other hand, newer models of other cutter brands that I support often store that information in the cutter itself.

Also, are you following ALL of the instructions on the screen in the Print + Cut windows? Typically those instructions are very helpful for knowing things like where to set the origin before starting a contour cutting project.

At the same time, send a Support Ticket to Craft Edge to notify them that in a video you found (provide a link to that actual video), your model is shown using 4 reg marks for ARMS contour cutting. And that you have been unable to get it to work.

Good luck!
Sandy McCauley
Gpw

Re: only 3 registration marks visible instead of 4

Post by Gpw »

hi sandy here is a couple of screen shots first of video scal 5 contour cut
2nd screen shot of me trying to follow the video hopefully something will be obvious to yourself
Attachments
2020-05-17.png
2020-05-17.png (545.45 KiB) Viewed 13917 times
2020-05-16.png
2020-05-16.png (157.3 KiB) Viewed 13917 times
SandyMcC

Re: only 3 registration marks visible instead of 4

Post by SandyMcC »

Okay, thanks for the screenshot! VERY helpful because the video indicates it's SCAL4 pro, which I also own. I opened it and UK Cutter is not a listed cutter but that could mean that a different cutter's plugin also works. Either post the video here or if the video shows the Cut Settings window, take note of what cutter model is displayed there.

Sandy
Sandy McCauley