New to Vinyl - Position Questions HELP

Common questions/answers for new users
kc graphics

New to Vinyl - Position Questions HELP

Post by kc graphics »

I have searched on this message board & online but cannot find an answer to what I need to know (probably am not searching the correct things). I ran a test print of an 8" number (9) on a 20" x 1 yard piece of HTV. First thing I noticed was when I told it to make my number 8", it only made it 7.25" or so. Then, when I fed the vinyl out to look at the number, I put the vinyl back into the machine (The Clipper) and now in SCAL v4, I cannot figure out how to move the number to the middle, top of the vinyl so not to print over the number already made. I have not removed it yet as I did not want to waste any vinyl. Any suggestions? We are currently screen printers, but for jersey names/numbers, vinyl is the easiest for us.
SandyMcC

Re: New to Vinyl - Position Questions HELP

Post by SandyMcC »

I may be able to help, but first I need to know how your cutter is installed into SCAL? What brand and model did you pick? Once I have the same cut settings window, then I'll have a better idea of where your shapes will cut. Also, can you set an origin on your cutter? If not, where is the blade tip positioned before you start the cut? Top left of the material? Top right? Bottom left? Bottom right?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/