Issue when attempting to cut file after switching Mac to PC

Common questions/answers for new users
robothero

Issue when attempting to cut file after switching Mac to PC

Post by robothero »

I've been using the SCAL v4 with the Silver Bullet Professional series cutter for some time on a Mac with no issues as far as accuracy when cutting.
We typically use WYSIWYG with registration marks that are printed on the cardstock that is being cut. We was to be able to use multiple laptops as
its cumbersome for me to have to borrow the Mac all the time. I have a PC with Windows 10.

I was able to install SCAL V4 with no issues, and adding the silver bullet to devices went smoothly as well. I then opened the .scut4 file that I wanted
to cut, ensured all the settings matched the settings on the Mac and then attempted to cut. Lining up the registration marks were as usual but when
it started cutting the cut lines were WAY off where they should be.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I have sent a message to the support group, and attempted to do google searches to trouble shoot, but maybe
someone here has had this happen to them?

Thank you!
papasue

Re: Issue when attempting to cut file after switching Mac to

Post by papasue »

Not sure this will help but a couple of ideas

Did you save the file on the Mac then reopen before cutting

Check to ensure you are using the same unit of measurement , in, pix etc.

Did you use the 3 reg marks to set the blade start before cutting

Let us know if any of this works, else you may have to send the file to craftedge for help.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
robothero

Post by robothero »

Thank you for the reply!

The file was created and saved on the Mac first, but we have since tried to create a new file on the PC and the same issue occurs. It's 5mm off from where it should be.

We have verified the measurements were the same in both.

We are using three reg marks to set the blade. One was reg marks that we created in illustrator and then we tried default reg marks.

Sorry for the newb question but what is craftedge?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Craftedge is the designer of the scal software. It would have been the site you used to buy the scal software. You would have received a serial # in an email to register the software. If you bought the pic version I am not sure it coul be used on a Mac.

Be sure an explain all you did to purchase the software.

There is a support request to get direct help on craftedge.com
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
robothero

Post by robothero »

Ahhh! Got it. I got the install from the shop I work in, so I wasn't sure where they got it.

I'll try that and see how it goes.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

The calibration for the PNC laser light is stored in SCAL, not on the cutter itself. So, you need to go the computer that has the PNC working perfectly and then write down the laser light calibration numbers. Then go put those same numbers into SCAL on the other computer.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/