SCAL 4 Pro Sillhouette Cameo Print & Cut Issues

Common questions/answers for new users
jennyc

SCAL 4 Pro Sillhouette Cameo Print & Cut Issues

Post by jennyc »

Hello,

I am a new Silhouette Cameo user (just purchased last Dec) and after wrestling unsuccessfully with the software, I purchased SCAL 4 Pro yesterday. This morning I attempted my first Print and Cut and encountered the following issues:

1. Silhouette will not find registration marks
2. SCAL crashes when I get to the print and cut settings menu and select "cut" or "detect marks manually"
3. I managed to get Silhouette to find my marks and cut once. I went over the marks with a sharpie, placed the paper flush with the top of the mat. However, the cuts were about 1/4" off.

I don't have a major project on the mat. Just some rectangles filled with a pattern to do a test run; and I'm running the Cameo with firmware version 1.4.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you so much!
Pennyann333

Re: SCAL 4 Pro Sillhouette Cameo Print & Cut Issues

Post by Pennyann333 »

It's crashed since I got it, reported, nobody cares.... never any updates to fix bugs!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Which version of SCAL4 are you currently on? The full version number? 4.075 is the latest.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Pennyann333

Post by Pennyann333 »

I bought 5 as it says it was comparable with 10.3.6 but the same thing happens, when I click detect registration marks, the program locks up and I must force quit. :(
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You'll need to submit a support ticket... another one, as needed, at Craft Edge. If I owned a Cameo, I might be able to help you but without one, I really have no clue. :(
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/