Help please! "Checking Mat" status

Common questions/answers for new users
t0xic_angel

Help please! "Checking Mat" status

Post by t0xic_angel »

While trying to use my Sure Cuts A Lot 2 with my Cricut (Expressions), it gets stuck on on the "checking mat" status.
How do I fix that? It's more then a little frustrating, especially considering I have an event coming up next Saturday that I'm supposed to make a lot of vinyls for.
triumph2ride

Re: Help please! "Checking Mat" status

Post by triumph2ride »

I have found it has something to do with the adobe reader, its very frustrating Ive shut my computer off and back on a dozen times before I got it to cut.. but someone on another site told me it was with my adobe reader
t0xic_angel

Post by t0xic_angel »

triumph2ride wrote:I have found it has something to do with the adobe reader, its very frustrating Ive shut my computer off and back on a dozen times before I got it to cut.. but someone on another site told me it was with my adobe reader

I am SO sorry! I did not realize you had commented! How did you fix it? Hope to hear back from you before Friday evening!
radtimer

Post by radtimer »

Did you find a solution for this? I am having the same problem...just started using Sure Cuts A Lot 2 with Cricut Expressions. Once in all of my tries, it actually cut some. The other many times, it hung up in one of the steps...usually the cutting step. Soo frustrating!
Teomo Tomek

Post by Teomo Tomek »

For me, I found that SCAL 2 got stuck when using a 64-bit installation of Windows, but worked great on the 32-bit installation of Windows. After pulling my hair out, I figured this out on a computer with dual-boot OS, and then ultimately fixed it by running a 32-bit VirtualBox Windows 7 machine for my SCAL 2 on my base 64-bit Windows 10. Could this be a problem for you? Type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list to see 32-bit or 64-bit status.