Intro and Printing Question-David

Common questions/answers for new users
ddamico361

Intro and Printing Question-David

Post by ddamico361 »

Hello everyone. My name is David and it's a pleasure to be here. I have only just begun using a vinyl cutter but have been a graphic designer using Illustrator and graphics software for several decades. The idea of using vinyl as a stencil for sandblasting is what encouraged me to buy a cutter; however, my first use will be to cut designs for t-shirts.

I have a Titan 15" cutter from USCutter as well as a 15" x 15" clamshell heat press.

The cutter came with "Sure Cuts a Lot 3" which I have running on a Mac Intel laptop (OS 10.9.5). SCAL runs nicely on my Mac. I actually teach Adobe Illustrator so I use CS6 to do my work and import it into SCAL3.

However, I have yet to print/cut anything because I cannot add the Titan as a printer. My laptop does not see the Titan at all, even when connected via USB and powered on.

Any suggestions? Does SCAL4 address this?

Sincerely,

David Damico :|
papasue

Re: Intro and Printing Question-David

Post by papasue »

Welcome! You can check the craftedge.com site for cutters that are supported. There is a support form there to contact craftedge team directly if you want to get the latest, they do not tegularly check in here but are usually quite responsive to the support request.

I hope you get your issue resolved and will post photos of some of you design.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
craftedge
Site Admin

Re: Intro and Printing Question-David

Post by craftedge »

From the Cutter menu, choose Manage Cutters and add USCutter -> Titan.

You can then go to the Cutter menu and choose Cut with USCutter to send your design to the Titan for cutting.