Cricut expression cutting choppy

Common questions/answers for new users
Jenn2587

Cricut expression cutting choppy

Post by Jenn2587 »

I can't seem to figure out why my expression is cutting all my vinyl cuts choppy around the edges. I've tried numerous blades, using the correct depth/speed/pressure and the edges are still not smooth. Anyone else have this problem?
papasue

Re: Cricut expression cutting choppy

Post by papasue »

Use the simplify function to reduce the nodes in your design..the nodes are most likely the culprit to jaggy edges
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Jenn2587

Post by Jenn2587 »

papasue wrote:Use the simplify function to reduce the nodes in your design..the nodes are most likely the culprit to jaggy edges

I appreciate the response and I've actually tried this. I too believe it is the nodes causing the issue but can't seem to simplify the patterns enough to make it stop doing that. Even fonts purchased from others have the same problem. Is there anything else I can do to make it smooth?
scrapaloo

Post by scrapaloo »

This is most likely due to a limitation of the Cricut itself as compared to every other cutting machine on the market, these older Cricut models are the worst in terms of cutting accuracy.