Cutting Size doubling with Graphtec CE600 please help!!

Common questions/answers for new users
stickersbystephanie

Cutting Size doubling with Graphtec CE600 please help!!

Post by stickersbystephanie »

I just got setup with SCAL4 today and I have both a Silhouette Cameo and Graphtec CE6000, when I cut to the Silhouette, my design cuts out at exactly the size I have it on my cutting mat, but when I send something to the Graphtec CE6000, it is exactly doubling the dimensions. I've tried changing the "mat" size and that hasn't made a different and I've tried different files types, and svg I created in Illustrator(my SVG DPI is set to 72 for Illustrator) as well as text I created right in SCAL4. I've spent the last hour searching the forum and I can't find anything already published about this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
papasue

Re: Cutting Size doubling with Graphtec CE600 please help!!

Post by papasue »

You need to contact the guru at craftedge.com. There is a form on the craftedge.com site for you to use.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
thausdorf

Post by thausdorf »

Any chance you can share how this was resolved? Just got my new machine last night and this same thing is happening. Graphtec says its my settings in SCAL and can't offer much help :(
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

You will need to make sure the step size set on the Graphtec matches what is set in the software.
For example, if the Graphtec is set to 508, but the software is set to 1016, the cutting size will be off by 2 times.

In the software, you can hit Cut to bring up the cut window, then click the Settings button and you can change the Step Size there.