SCAL 4 Gradients - Help

Common questions/answers for new users
Leslie6111

SCAL 4 Gradients - Help

Post by Leslie6111 »

New user to SCAL - I cannot seem to export to SVG a shape that is filled with a gradient no matter what settings I choose, the shape stays at the original color I made it. I can print the shape, I can save the shape, and keep it filled with a gradient, but I cannot export it in a SVG. I cut from a different program so I want to share SVG's between them. It is not Design Space. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I wrote to support but I haven't heard back yet. I am using a mac with El Capitan 10.11.1. If this is a mac thing then I can load SCAL on my windows 7 pc. My only work around is to print as pdf and retrace in the gradient as a texture and then match up the shapes. One of the reasons that I bought SCAL was for its ability to work with textures and gradients.
papasue

Re: SCAL 4 Gradients - Help

Post by papasue »

Alas it is not a "bug".....but a "feature" that has not been implemented! I think it has been requested but so far neither Inkscape or SCAL exports in native mode. Some do convert to jpg/png/pdf pretty will if you want to print2cut.

Anyone else have an idea?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Leslie6111

Re: SCAL 4 Gradients - Help

Post by Leslie6111 »

Thanks Susan. Truly disappointed since the gradient feature and built in textures is why I bought SCAL in the first place. I am able to print in pdf the gradient I create and then I have to scan it in as a texture into my cutting program. Line up the shapes to transfer the gradient to my vectorized shape - a lot of unnecessary steps when it would have so much nicer to be able to export the gradient as an svg. My other alternative is to set up my cutter to cut directly from scal, but I hesitate to do that since I like the node editing of my current program better. I am also getting a new cutter that will take svg's directly and I was hoping that I could get scal to work with this feature.