Cameo Not Recognized by SCAL 3 Pro or 4 Pro

Common questions/answers for new users
emgutzy

Cameo Not Recognized by SCAL 3 Pro or 4 Pro

Post by emgutzy »

Hello everyone!

I just recently purchased a Cameo and after selecting Manage Cutters, adding the Cameo, it still is not picking it up. I downloaded Pro 4 (Trial) and i get the same pop up. I have been using SCAL 3 Pro for about 6 months with my US Cutter and the first time i want to use it for the cameo, its coming up short.

I have done the following to attempt to fix the problem: On Cameo, power off, power on, Power off (disconnect usb, power on, reconnect USB), Power off (disconnect power, disconnect usb, wait 30 seconds to a minute, reconnect power, reconnect usb, Restart computer, restart SCAL, Update Cameo firmware, Updated SCAL via craftedge.

I also followed the on onscreen prompts and nothing. Image

I have a Windows 7, Cameo 2, Fully activated version of SCAL Pro 3 (Updated tonight).

Can someone tell me what to do?
talanhart

Re: Cameo Not Recognized by SCAL 3 Pro or 4 Pro

Post by talanhart »

I'm sure you tried this, but make sure your cameo is off before you plug it into your computer and then turn on the Cameo. I have to not plug my USB cord all the way into my computer to get my Cameo to work consistently. If the cord is plugged all the way into the hub, it will quit working in the middle of a cut.
Todd
emgutzy

Post by emgutzy »

At this point I'm ready to try anything. I will try again tonight. I'll have a less frustrated mindset and might do better. Thank you!
emgutzy

Post by emgutzy »

Still wouldn't work. Anyone else have any other suggestions I can try?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Chelsea71490

Post by Chelsea71490 »

Did you ever get a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem.