Question re: moving an image that has a fold line

Common questions/answers for new users
PaddleGal

Question re: moving an image that has a fold line

Post by PaddleGal »

It didn't take long for me to think of a question.

I have numerous card files that I like to use but many of them have a crease built in or a folded area. How do I move the image that has the crease together as one image somewhere else on the matte or to another page within a project? There must be some way to freeze the crease within the item so they can both be moved together. Using SCAL 4. As soon as I attempt to move the item, I see that I am leaving the score line behind. I've been successful in moving the score marks one at a time, but that is way too time consuming. I know there has to be a short cut.

Thanks for any help.

Farley
wynnepam

Re: Question re: moving an image that has a fold line

Post by wynnepam »

Try these options

Ctrl A - it will select all and put a box around everything - then do Ctrl C if you want to copy or Ctrl X if you want to cut it and paste it somewhere else. Then go to the page that you want the image on, then do a Ctrl V to paste it. Once on this page, if things copied that you dont want, then you can just delete them but at least everything will be there.
PaddleGal

Re: Question re: moving an image that has a fold line

Post by PaddleGal »

wynnepam wrote:Try these options

Ctrl A - it will select all and put a box around everything - then do Ctrl C if you want to copy or Ctrl X if you want to cut it and paste it somewhere else. Then go to the page that you want the image on, then do a Ctrl V to paste it. Once on this page, if things copied that you dont want, then you can just delete them but at least everything will be there.

I should have thought of that! Thank you. :D That will work with what I'm playing with now.

What is perplexing me still is if I want to reposition it on the same layer that has another item on it as well and only want to move the piece that contains the score line. When I move items to another page, first trying to select where it's going to land, the moved item often seems to go where it wants rather than where I want it. Trying to reposition it becomes a problem.
CroxAmormamof

Question re moving an image that has a fold line

Post by CroxAmormamof »

Question:buying original software or waiting for CB13 could work ok...given that the system has had previous CB files. Regards