Greetings from a new gal

Common questions/answers for new users
PaddleGal

Greetings from a new gal

Post by PaddleGal »

Hi...I'm Farley AKA: PaddleGal. I just installed my first SCAL v4 this weekend. I run a KNK Maxx Air and I am so very pleased to finally have software that really works with a Mac. I've been using MTC which has been good but using the "Wine" to make it operate has it's idiosyncratic nature. I'm sure as time goes by I will start posting questions about SCAL. Even after having used MTC there still is a learning curve learning the new "buttons" to get going. I found the trickiest part calibrating my laser offset. Thank goodness I have a computer savvy and patient DH who is enthusiastic for me to enjoy my machine and new software.

I'm primarily a card maker and enjoy having the ability to cut out my stamps. I also do some scrapping.

Looking forward to spending some time here and learning from you experts. :D

Farley
Northern CA
papasue

Re: Greetings from a new gal

Post by papasue »

Welcome to the forum. I live in San Jose and I also have a Mac. Looking forward to see what you do and share.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
PaddleGal

Re: Greetings from a new gal

Post by PaddleGal »

Thanks Papasue. I'm in Sacramento. I look forward to getting the hang of this and posting soon.