newbie here>>>

Common questions/answers for new users
loridavey

newbie here>>>

Post by loridavey »

I am hoping someone can help me out. I just purchased sure cuts alot 3 and am trying to cut an existing file I have but only need to cut part of it. How do I cross out the stuff I don't want to cut. I had signcut before and it was easy. I cannot figure out how to do this. Help. ;)
papasue

Re: newbie here>>>

Post by papasue »

Hi, if you use "ungroup" or "break apart" your design if it hasn't been done, you will see in your layers panel all the pieces. Click on the eye next to the layer you don't want and it will turn off and will not cut.

Lots of video's around on how to brake apart and working with layers if you need more help.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
carolbly

Post by carolbly »

I'm also a newbie, and had the same issue. Someone posted a great visual of the edit tools (knife, erase, stencil). I used the square and circle erase tools until most of the area I didn't want was gone and then separated the layers, deleting each layer until I had only the part I wanted to cut. By first using the erase feature, I had fewer/smaller layers to deal with. I'm sure there are much better methods, but this works for now.
Carol Bly
Happy user of a 24 Silver Bullet
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

If you open the Layers window you should see all the different shapes in your project.
If you click the Eye icon, you can toggle specific Layers to be visible/not visible, where layers that are not visible will not cut.
carolbly

Post by carolbly »

The helpful post (with explanatory chart) about editing tools was posted by papasue in Tutorials, "Using the Knife, Eraser, Stencil tools ecal2, scal 4"
Carol Bly
Happy user of a 24 Silver Bullet
cpking

Post by cpking »

craftedge wrote:If you open the Layers window you should see all the different shapes in your project.
If you click the Eye icon, you can toggle specific Layers to be visible/not visible, where layers that are not visible will not cut.
its really very helpful post you have made.
Agus Guna Wijaya

Post by Agus Guna Wijaya »

can somebody help me, where can i download the driver of Black Cat ;(
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (317.69 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
cpking

Post by cpking »

Agus Guna Wijaya wrote:can somebody help me, where can i download the driver of Black Cat ;(
You have to install driver software which will make it visible to your pc.