svg file not showing up in cutter window

Common questions/answers for new users
jdh8

svg file not showing up in cutter window

Post by jdh8 »

I imported a png image in to inkscape and saved it as an svg file. When I import it from my desk top to sure cuts alot pro (3.051) it shows up on the mate fine. When i click the cutter icon it does not show up in the cutter window its like the file just disappears. Any help on what I am doing wrong would be super. :cry:
Attachments
pico.svg
here is the file
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
papasue

Re: svg file not showing up in cutter window

Post by papasue »

Good Morning,

The file you posted is not an svg it is an image still. Somehow you imported it and didn't "trace" it to convert it from a png to an svg hence you could not open it in ecal through the svg import.

You have two options: You can trace the original png file in scal directly using auto trace image or you can go back to Inkscape and do a path/trace bitmap and then save.

You can tell your file is an image still by looking in the very bottom panel in Inkscape and see it says image.
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 6.41.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 6.41.13 AM.png (29.28 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Hope this helps if I was unclear about how to, just ask more questions. :)
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jdh8

Post by jdh8 »

thanks. Another ? I have is what is the best kind of files to save artwork in to import to the scal ?
papasue

Post by papasue »

jpg or png is what I use when not using svg. I usually try to import/trace directly into ecal and if the artwork is too messy I go to Inkscape/trace and clean up and save as svg and import the svg to ecal. All depends on the complexity of the image.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jdh8

Post by jdh8 »

thanks so much for your help

Darryl