New and having issues with first thing

Common questions/answers for new users
BGood8507

New and having issues with first thing

Post by BGood8507 »

I am new to this whole cutting machine thing as of today. Well, I finally got my sure cuts a lot activated and I import a free scalloped background (5 inch) into the area, but every time I move my mouse away, the image goes away...but if I hover over it it's there. It's almost like I have to accept the image into that area, and I try but not happening....any ideas?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: New and having issues with first thing

Post by HeatherM »

I would go to the CE website and check for updates. http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.html

I don't have any idea about what is wrong, but that isn't normal behavior. What happens with other svg files or the shapes that came with SCAL? One thought that I had was that maybe your svg doesn't have fill or stroke. When I tried that I couldn't see the shapes on the mat, but hovering over them didn't make them visible either.

Also, I would recommend changing your workspace so that you can see the Layers window if you haven't already. From the menu select Window/Workspace/Advanced. That will let you see any layers and sub-layers and might help you figure out what is happening.