Problem with cutting - resolved

Common questions/answers for new users
janail

Problem with cutting - resolved

Post by janail »

Hello All

I'm new to the forum and hope that I'm posting in the right place.

I've only recently purchased SCAL for my Mac. and I'm having a problem cutting simple shapes with my Pazzles. I drew an 8 inch circle and the machine only cut the top half . I resized it and it cut perfectly. I resized again and it went back to cutting the top only. It went through the motions of cutting the whole circle but the blade didn't touch the paper for the first half.

Next I tried to cut a triangle.The sides cut perfectly but the blade cut right through the cutting mat on the bottom edge. I tried it again and it did the same.

I've never had this problem with any other software other then when I've set the pressure or blade depth too high so i'm completely flummoxed as to what's happening.

Also when I try to resize with the handle, whilst holding control down, the object doesn't keep it's proportions.

I'd really appreciate any help with these problems.

Thanks for reading.

UPDATE

Cutting problem sorted by Craftedge by downloading a driver. Very grateful for fast response.
Just need to sort out resizing problem. I should have said I was holding the shift key down and not the control key.
Freewash

Re: Problem with cutting - resolved

Post by Freewash »

I've got problems making simple circles. It won't make a perfect circle consistently. Sometimes it will, most times it won't. What gives? I just got the Eclips2 and all I want to do is make 3 inch circles. Someone please help because customer service has yet to assist me with this.
papasue

Re: Problem with cutting - resolved

Post by papasue »

Hi, are you resizing the circle by drag or by using the settings in the property panel? On my mac w/ecal I don't have the problem if I use the properties settings.
Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 8.34.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 8.34.42 AM.png (69.14 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.