Unable to Use SCAL 2.0 with Cricut Personal

Common questions/answers for new users
KnoxFam614

Unable to Use SCAL 2.0 with Cricut Personal

Post by KnoxFam614 »

I think I've tried it all. Disabled antivirus, made sure no other programs are running, updated drivers, verified working cable, have a cartridge in my Cricut Personal (firmware v. 1.45, but I've been told it will work), reset the Cricut Personal machine, uninstalled and reinstalled SCAL 2.0 software; have cartridge firmly seated in Cricut Personal machine. Most frustrating, SCAL 2.0 worked once-one time! Should I just go back to Cricut Craft Room and be happy (oh yeah, I uninstalled that software). I'd really like to enjoy this software.

Oh, I'd also like to register my software, but can't locate a serial number on the CD (purchased from Tech Junkies). Running a new computer with lots of memory and RAM, Windows 7.

Please help.

Thanks,

Lynn
talanhart

Re: Unable to Use SCAL 2.0 with Cricut Personal

Post by talanhart »

Lynn,
SCAL 2.0 has not been legally for sale for a couple of years now. What you bought is a copy that will probably not work. If I were you, I would try to get your money back.
Todd
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Unable to Use SCAL 2.0 with Cricut Personal

Post by HeatherM »

There is no serial number since you bought a bootleg copy of the software. You should contact Amazon and your credit card company. I'm not sure if either one can/will do anything since it's software, but it can't hurt to try.