what cutter to buy ?

Common questions/answers for new users
mrfibble

what cutter to buy ?

Post by mrfibble »

Hello :)

I have ZERO experience with cutters and SCAL and want to make decals for the cat resue that my wife helps with so they can raise funds to help the kitties :)

what would ( in your opinion ) be a good one to get that obviously works with SCAL

granted I know everyone has their favourite machine for whatever reason but as I know nothing at this point any help would be great

also is it worth the savings by buying a used cutter ?

thank you in advance

David C
TheresaTT

Re: what cutter to buy ?

Post by TheresaTT »

i have a uscutter SC series cutter that works with SCAL. actually you will get the pro software when odering your cutter. I love it. It is a 24" cutter.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
regina_rhinestones

Post by regina_rhinestones »

mrfibble wrote:Hello :)

I have ZERO experience with cutters and SCAL and want to make decals for the cat resue that my wife helps with so they can raise funds to help the kitties :)

what would ( in your opinion ) be a good one to get that obviously works with SCAL

granted I know everyone has their favourite machine for whatever reason but as I know nothing at this point any help would be great

also is it worth the savings by buying a used cutter ?

thank you in advance

David C
If you ever want to cut chipboard, you may want a cutter that can handle cutting thick material. If you only want to cut cardstock, a simple cutter would be the say to go. You have to think about what you will want to use one for before buying one.

Here's a chart:

http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/
mrfibble

Post by mrfibble »

cheers for the replies :)

it would be used for vinyl only ....

im probably going to go with this one "USCutter SC Series"
anyone used or have one ? thoughts ?

cheers

david c
ckiorio

Post by ckiorio »

If you are just cutting simple patterns out of colored vinyl, go for it. Trust me, you won't want to go through the rigors of learning to cut different substrates, you'll have your hands full.
24" Cougar Pro with ARMS that does not work
SCAL 3.057
CorelDraw X5
Illustrator CS5
Win 7 64 bit
Epson Stylus Pro 7600