Thinking of getting rid of my Cricut...advice please?

Common questions/answers for new users
SassyBama

Thinking of getting rid of my Cricut...advice please?

Post by SassyBama »

I am new today as I have some questions about the eCraft Electronic Die Cutter machine.

I have a Cricut Expression (the original Expression so it's about 4+ years old). I have been thinking of getting something else so that I could use SCAL. I came across the eCraft today while searching and saw the bundle with SCAL.

I need advice and opinions (the good, bad and even ugly) about if I should get rid of Cricut and get the eCraft or if I should keep the Cricut. I don't know anyone personally that has an eCraft as we all have Cricuts. SCAL will not work on my Cricut because it's updated and SCAL2 isn't sold anymore.

Thanks!!
Elisabeth in Alabama
gj1

Re: Thinking of getting rid of my Cricut...advice please?

Post by gj1 »

viewforum.php?f=85

It is really a personal decision...we have some mentions of the machine within the topics in our reviews section, above.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
SassyBama

Post by SassyBama »

Thanks for the thread link. I was in a rush this morning and didn't see that one. I'll check it out!
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

I bought the Silhouette Cameo machine and love it. Works great with SCAL3.
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

A lot depends on what you want to cut, so decide and then check out all of the amazing cutters. So many choices. I just got a Zing and it cuts with sure cuts alot and works like a dream. Just do some research first.

Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

Here's a comparison chart to most cutters on the market........I notice there is not an Eclipse on this list...however I've heard those are WONDERFUL cutters as well.... http://silverbulletcutters.com/comparison-chart/
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You might want to keep in mind...if you are ever without a computer...the machine you have will still work with the carts you own.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I think the Eclips and the Silhouette are the most liked cutters these days. I know some people love the eCraft, but the majority of people send it back after one try as it does not meet the expectations. I, personally, would stay away from it. The other two I mentioned would both be great.