Usability Issues with Scal 2.44

Common questions/answers for new users
amataele

Usability Issues with Scal 2.44

Post by amataele »

I have been using Scal 2 with a Cricut Expression for around a year or more now. When I opened it today, I noticed it was taking an extremely long time for the text I would type to show up. I updated to v. 2.44 and now, not only do I still have that problem but the whole program is now very, very slow and after almost any action, it says not responding for up to 30 seconds. Any suggestions?
papasue

Re: Usability Issues with Scal 2.44

Post by papasue »

Please file a report to CraftEdge.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.html.

They will help you. There is a form to fill out with all the information the need to help.

If you have time please let us know what the problem is, hopefully was.

Good Luck.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Re: Usability Issues with Scal 2.44

Post by gj1 »

I noticed this also...and think it has to do with windows updates maybe or something other than scal, because I have been using 2.044 for a long time. I also noticed after doing some sentiments for the insides of cards...several of them...that omg...in my disk clean up there were so many thumbnails to remove...it is like every letter typed is maybe being stored as temp file on the computer or something...I don't know...it was strange. I don't type a lot of fonts, so no big deal...but I did notice...I would type a line and go to look and it would just be slowly adding the letters that I typed already.

You could ask CE support perhaps, or if you saved the previous version and go back and see if it still happens. I have not put it to an exhaustive test of any sort. I mean nothing is going to be 'fixed' with 2.044(it is no longer a version sold by CE and is now obsolete, with the upgrades now being scal 3 or ecal)...but I agree it would be nice to know what is causing it....but there are so many factors which could.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but at least you know someone else has experienced it.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.