ECraft cutter and SCAL3

Common questions/answers for new users
Spedrock

ECraft cutter and SCAL3

Post by Spedrock »

I just purchased a Ecraft and updated my SCAL2 to SCAL3. I have had the settings set to the lightest to the heavest and I am having problems cutting. The paper either rips or rips on one side and donesn't cut at all on the other. I'm having no problems whatsoever cutting from either the SD card, or the eCraft software. The blade is new, pressure is at 4, and with heavy stock paper, it cuts nice and slow from the SD card or the eCraft software, without ripping. I've worked the spectrum of pressures in 1/2-increments, and have the pressure properly dialed-in for the high-quality paper I'm using.

Using the same brand-new blade and paper at the same pressure, a pattern cut with SCAL3 completes in half the time (the cutter is flying, with no way to slow it down), and any inside angles causes the paper to rip.

It appears that the SD card and eCraft software send a lot more cutting information to the cutter, because you can hear the servos working harder to complete a pattern. On the other hand, the same pattern using SCAL cuts much faster, and the servos are basically following a simple polygon, going point-to-point at a very fast rate. The speed of the cutting head is the crux of the problem.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you,