Cricut Cake

Common questions/answers for new users
chadnfaith

Cricut Cake

Post by chadnfaith »

I have the Cricut Cake and Cricut Cake Mini. I'm wondering about using SCAL for making custom images for cakes, etc. I realize that version 3 states that it doesn't work with Cricuts... is the Cake any different? Also, I know that a lot of you recommend other cutters other than the Cricut, but do any of them offer "cake" versions?

What would y'all do if you were in my shoes? :)

Thanks so much!!
Butterfly

Re: Cricut Cake

Post by Butterfly »

Sorry the advice would be another cutter.
The cake is still a cricut, and will not take any 3rd party software on the market any more
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
chadnfaith

Post by chadnfaith »

thank you so much for responding!!! What other cutter is "cake ready" I need food safe as well as able to cut Fondant and gumpaste, instead of rice paper or icing sheets.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

I don't know of any others that are "cake" ready, but I am sure the folks at Cake Central dot com could give you a good start.

but here is a website that offers the Cameo in "cake" ready form:
http://deseretdesigns.com/catalog_1.html
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Oh My Dog that link is the lady who originally designed the Cricut cake. It has to be a good machine set up.

Just another reason to say a bunch of bad stuff about PC
Scrappin My Way Through

DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

yes, I am SO wanting a Cameo!

I hope Santa has been listening, but I just have my serious doubts that he is clueless as always.

SO, I have my small nest egg of money that I store little bits of cash into when I can.

And it seems that the "list" price is at 299.99, but the regular price to get a Cameo is 269.99, but often on sale for 15% off to make it 229.50. And right now it can be had for like 203.xx SO, I can only see the price dropping to these levels again. SO, for now, I sit and wait and save.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

You make sure to keep us posted on these price deals Dog Carbon, but think I'm stuck for right now too. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sandy in PA
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

My question is,
Is there anyone out there that doesn't want a cameo? LOL

I know I do
Scrappin My Way Through

CricutLuv

Post by CricutLuv »

I really hope to hear about this new cake machine soon from someone. My daughter recently told me she's going to buy a Cricut Cake machine. I told her NOOO............get a different machine and all about PC and their crappy business practices. If I could get some feedback for her on the Cameo Cake I'm sure she would get it instead. She's not sure though, what direction she wants to go in yet so she's looking for a machine that might do both. That's the reason she thought of the Cricut Cake. She'd heard of people buying it as a backup paper cutter.
Dee
Proud Mom of A U.S. Soldier!!
101st Airborne, Ft. Campbell, KY - Home of the Screaming Eagles!!