Scams for Sure Cyts a Lot 2

Common questions/answers for new users
Remingtonoaklee

Scams for Sure Cyts a Lot 2

Post by Remingtonoaklee »

I am new to all this, I need the Sure cuts a lot 2 program but have found it's not available. I see some on ebay and on Amazon but wonder if they are "the real thing" or a scam, can anybody tell me if they've had any experiances with purchasing from these sites or is it a quick way to make money for someone?
Thanks!
hope9811

Re: Scams for Sure Cyts a Lot 2

Post by hope9811 »

My guess is what they are selling is their actual license. As long as they have removed it from their machine, their license, which was purchased when you could still buy it...although registered to them....once sold to you, you can enter in their name, serial number, and email address and download the latest version they had purchased and use it on two computers. So .... my guess would be that with their name, email address, and serial number, you can download the program, load it onto your 2 computers, and use it just like they would have. The only catch would be it would be still "registered" to them on the offical SCAL site, but as long as you have that information, download it to your computer, save a backup of the .exe file so that you have it if you ever crash, keep the numbers handy.....it would be just fine. Because it's a download, they would probably sell it as is with no returns though and if you have any trouble "downloading it" you would still have SCAL support until 12/11 when they quit supporting it so I suppose if you are considering that route, you should do it quick! LOL.

So....I would say it's legit if they are selling it as "used." I've actually thought of selling mine because I'm upgrading to the zing and will use my MTC with that one and won't need SCAL anymore.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Only problem that I see with this is that CE will only communicate with the email they have on record of original purchaser and so I don't think it would work too good if needing help, plus, as I recall it is not transferable.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

It is non-transferrable...and last I knew (and I haven't checked lately) the prices on ebay were rediculously high. You could probably buy one of the new machines and SCAL3 for less.
Sandy in PA
Remingtonoaklee

Post by Remingtonoaklee »

Thank you all, now what to do? Yes, they are getting crazy on ebay, selling for around 60.00 in the beginning I believe, now to compare machines, thanks again. You have been most helpful.
sandyj

Post by sandyj »

I'm getting a zing also, and I am hoping Todd adds the zing to the scal line-up. Andy at mtc said he wrote the software so other companies could easily interface with the zing. As a scal girl, I really hope it happens, and SOON!