SCAL 3 Driver - for the eCraft...

Common questions/answers for new users
Gisel

SCAL 3 Driver - for the eCraft...

Post by Gisel »

SCAL does not recognize my ecraft machine. I then went to install the driver and got back the following message:

"newer driver version 6.3 has been found on the system. To remove this driver go to Add/Remove Program in the Control Panel."

I didn't do anything because I didn't know what driver SCAL is wanting to remove and from which program that particular drive is associated with.

I just got my eCraft machine and installed the eCraft Pro onto my computer and don't want SCAL to screw up that program by installing a conflicting driver (if that is what it wants to do, I don't know) .

I ALSO have Cricut Design Studio loaded onto my computer for when I use my cricut. (yes, I know SCAL is not compatable. I don't intend on trying to use it with my cricut, but am wondering if this driver is going to be affected, or not. I'm hoping not and thinking maybe the storage of each program in different folders won't affect each other? I'm really confused here. I need help understanding if other programs will be affected or not by what SCAL 3 wants me to do since it FOUND a newer driver...see explaination to follow). OH, and I have my sewing machine programming on my computer also. I am very leary here. Please help me. I don't want to screw anything up or affect my other programs for my other machines, i,e, my cricut and my sewing machine.

So, now that you have all that information, what is version 6.3 driver on my computer for? AND, How do I find out what program is associated with THAT particular driver? AND...IF I remove that driver, what effect, if any will it have regarding my other cutter design programs. (ARE THEY ASSOCIATED with this driver version 6.3 that is being found here? OR.... is that version 6.3 driver only for the SCAL program and now it is only the SCAL version 3 that wants to update an older driver from the downloaded version I got from off of your web site?

I'm confused and don't want to screw anything up.

Please let me know what's up? I'm frustrated been wanting to use my new eCraft with the SCAL I purchased on the 13th of October and haven't been able. I can't wait to have that privledge. 4 days of not being able to use my new program is very frustrating. I wish you all have an 800 tech support number to help those who purchased your program.

Please help me.
Gisel

Re: SCAL 3 Driver - for the eCraft...

Post by Gisel »

Okay, I figured out the problem by myself. I didn't get any response from you guys. I was disappointed that not even a moderator came back here to tell me they would look into it for me and get back to me. But, no.... Nadda a word from anyone. :-(

Anyway! I decided to go to the craftedge.com website for Support Dowloads, and look for any UPDATES to the program. I didn't see anything different than what I already had uploaded onto my computer.... but I thought.... well, I'll just re-upload what I already have, the SetupSureCutsAlot_3_009.exe I did that, (overwrite what was laready there) clicked on the file and reinstalled the program. IT WORKED! ;-)

There are no longer any driver conflicts. I was able to cut with my eCraft!

I hope this helps anyone else that has had the same problems with first installation of the SCAL 3 version onto their new eCraft machine.

But guys.... would be nice if someone from SureCutsAlot and this forum would give more attention to the postings when people are asking for help with setting up the program to their new machine.

BY THE WAY!!!!! I LOVE THE NEW SCAL 3 and my eCRAFT MACHINE! :-) I hope to bring good reports from my experiences once I get used to the pressure settings and glitches from not creating assembling designs properly. I LOVE LEARNING THIS and this is a wonderful challenge for me. ;-)
papasue

Post by papasue »

Gisel,

Thank you for sharing your fix for the craft.

The moderators here do what they can but as for handling the technical stuff we usually point the questions directly to CraftEdge. support@CraftEdge.com. I apologize that this fell through the cracks.

Once notified they are very good at responding and helping but are generally not active on the forum,

I hope you continue to enjoy SCAL and will contribute and share here as well.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

I am not a moderator, but please don't scold those that do not have SCAL 3, and that would be the majority of those on here, as those that did not help you. The majority of the "regulars" on here have not upgraded to SCAL 3 because we are happy with our current cutter (Until they die that is) and are using either SCAL 1 or SCAL 2. SCAL 3 is just so "new" to most of us that we have not experiemented to find all the bugs and work arounds.

A pleasant way of bringing your post to the top of the list is a gentle "bump" posted. I think a majority of users of this forum come here and click "See new posts". So this would be a great way to get your post back into the attention of the regulars.

Please come back and continue to mentor those that will have problems with SCAL 3, as you are a valuable resource to our community. And I am glad you figured out your problem and you are cutting with your new machine!
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I'm sorry I didn't see this as well. I'm not on here as much lately because I've had a very very busy last few months.. I try and do what I can.. People need to realize also that the moderators aren't getting paid for their services here so we do need to give them some slack...
I also notice weekends aren't very busy here as much either...

Thanks Dogcarbon for your post explaining things..
cmsmith64

Post by cmsmith64 »

I'm one of those who use SCAL2 b/c I have a Expression and SCAL3 WILL NOT recognize it...b/c of the lawsuit, etc. the Cricut machines are excluded from the new update SCAL. I can import/export files to SCAL3 but not able to cut anything. And I will use the Expression until it dies...mainly b/c I've only had it for a almost a year now.

Carolyn S.

www.grandmacarol46580.blogspot.com
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I just remembered, You have to download the ECutter Program and the driver for the machine are in there. then you are good to go with SCAL 3.
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/