Few tips for newbies or anyone else for that matter.

Common questions/answers for new users
davenrtn1

Few tips for newbies or anyone else for that matter.

Post by davenrtn1 »

Hi and how are you all?
I've had my eCraft about 3 months now and after a lot of soul searching and thinking I should have stuck to my craftrobo (which I still use and think is great), I am getting to grips with the new cutter and really enjoying it.
The machine cuts so well and really quickly and no sticky mat !! Saying that a cutting mat of some sort is advisable. I've attached some pictures to show what I use. These are 5 for a £1.99 chopping mats from the supermarket, 15'' long 12'' wide, so fit the machine perfectly.They are very thin & flexible so help make cutting better still. I also use a couple of small pieces of removable sticky tape just to hold the card in place. Also I use one of the mats in the tray at the back to stop the mat getting bunched up when it slides into the machine whilst cutting. Put the well worn one there when you start using a new one, re-cycling and still very useful.
If I can be of any more help please ask. I am still learning but please don't lose faith this is a great piece of kit and along with ''sure cuts a lot'' software is very easy to use.
Happy Craftinghttp://forum.surecutsalot.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=61#

See pix in next post
davenrtn1

Re: Few tips for newbies or anyone else for that matter.

Post by davenrtn1 »

:oops: :oops: Sorry friends I forgot to resize my pictures, so I've attached to this file. Happy Crafting !!
Attachments
DSCN1563.JPG
DSCN1563.JPG (28.93 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
DSCN1562.JPG
DSCN1562.JPG (31.48 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
DSCN1561.JPG
DSCN1561.JPG (29.61 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I don't have an e-craft, but this is a very useful tip that I'm sure someone can benefit from. Thanks! :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

You can also use them on your circut by using tack it over and over again glue from Aileens ...
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Hi
Thanks for the useful tips. I notice that the fleximats have a UK price on them. On the assumption you are from the UK, can you advise which store these were purchased from as I have been looking for these mats for some time without success!
Maureen

davenrtn1

Post by davenrtn1 »

Hi Maureen and how are you?
I bought the flexi mats from a Poundstretcher Ltd shop, 5 for £1.99. I have also seen them in Morrisons Super Market as well.
Hope this helps. Bye and Happy Crafting Dave.
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Thanks Dave. Will take a look at those stores. Good luck with the Ecraft!
Maureen

kathe

Post by kathe »

You can find a "Set of 2 Flexible Chopping Mats" at a US store called Dollar Tree. These seem to work rather well with the eCraft from what I'm told. They are translucent so when you front load scraps of paper you can see the ruler on your machine for alignment purposes. I just tracked mine down (some of the stores were either out of them or don't carry them) and am anxious to try them out.
shadowbh1

Post by shadowbh1 »

I have a cricut expessions can i use these with it?? :roll:
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Sweetness4713 wrote:You can also use them on your circut by using tack it over and over again glue from Aileens ...
Yes, as posted above.