SCAL So disappointed

Common questions/answers for new users
ann24

SCAL So disappointed

Post by ann24 »

I downloaded SCAL 2 ages ago with the hope of using it when I bought my cricut cake which I did just the other month and now I cfind I cannot use it as I hadn't purchased the activation, I was so looking forward to sseeing what I could produce with it. Can anybody help advise me if there is anything I can do :?
Ann

Windows 7, Cricut Cake, Gypsy
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: SCAL So disappointed

Post by sstehman »

If you only downloaded the trial version it is correct that SCAL2 is no longer available for use with Cricut, however, please be disappointed in the PC people...we would all love for SCAL to continue to be available for use on their machines.
Sandy in PA
ann24

Post by ann24 »

I totally agree it is PC's fault it was a fantastic programme way ahead of theirs, I should have purchased it when I first downloaded it, but didn't have my cake machine then oh well it is such a pity
Ann

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Does anyone know any retailers still selling the DVDs on the SCAL 2 program?
I am disappointed that i downloaded the trial and didn't purchase the program.

I thought I had purchased it...but I realized that I only got the trial.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

There is no legal way to get scal to work a cricut since the lawsuit.
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
ann24

Post by ann24 »

Thank you Butterfly what a pity I was so looking forward to using it :|
Ann

gj1

Post by gj1 »

Everyone has gone in their own direction now...so be it. Embrace the cutters compatible images and I am sure you will have a ton of fun. Make a careful selection and it does not have to cost that much more.
Start saving for another cutter to use for paper and then get SCAL 3. That is what many are doing. Come back and visit us then.

OR resell your current machine and do it now :)
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

QUESTION: If I have the program on CD - never opened-can i still load it and use it IF i have not updated my cricut recently?
IF so- i have one to sell.
I bought one for my daughter in law and she won't take the time to try it so she never opened it.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
gj1

Post by gj1 »

hmmmm....with support till December. I wonder...if the activation code has never been assigned to any computer...why not?
It is not like you are selling downloads or anything. It is like a new yardsale item to recoupe your spent dollars. I bet you could contact support to find out if it is okay.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

waiting on reply from CE. since it is the weekend it may be till Monday but we will see. would like to recoup some $$$ anyway. Now i know what NOT to buy my DIL. 8-)
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro