SCAL So disappointed

Common questions/answers for new users
pastda3

Re: SCAL So disappointed

Post by pastda3 »

TT - I hope you can sell your SCAL2. There is such a HUGE demand for it. One is selling on ebay for over $300. :shock:
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

If you purchased it, it can still be activated. You need the serial number to get the activation code. I had to do a re-install from a hard drive crash and I had the serial number, but was also able to see it during the install process.

Also, your machine firmware can still be updated as I updated my friends 2 weeks ago using the DS trial software. It worked perfectly. She doesn't have the software so I hook my laptop up to her machine when we are scrapping together and that way she can use her own mats, etc. I wouldn't wait to update firmware, though. It is a simple process.
Sandy in PA
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Papasue -- that would tempt me to sell my SCAL2 AND my machine and get a new ones. Will have to watch and see if they actually sell for that amount.
Sandy in PA
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Sandy...you would not beable to sell your Scal 2 as it has been activated to YOUR computer. If YOU have to reactivate to another computer you could contact support to do so, but the software is not transferable...I believe. You were probably just stunned for a second there at the thought of $300...lol...I can understand that...
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Oh, you are right.....nice thought though.
Sandy in PA
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

wow - $300. i am amazed. I would have thought that since there will be no support that it would have to go for less than original. wow again.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
Rachpb

Post by Rachpb »

TheresaTT - Have you sold the copy of SCAL 2 yet? If not, I may be intereseted in purchasing it from you if you are willing to sell it.
patmoa

Post by patmoa »

Our local craft store (in the UK) has 3 or 4 copies of Scal 2 for sale at £60+. I'm not sure of the current exchange rate or the postage. The store is Kim's crafts in Hinckley, Leics. I'm sure a Google search will find them. AnnP
Rachpb

Post by Rachpb »

AnnP, thank you for that information. I sent them an email and I am hoping I can get one shipped to me here in the US. Thanks again!
cowham

Post by cowham »

I had to reinstall my os recently, just now got around to re installing scal. I couldn't find my serial number, however if you go to the craftedge site, you can enter your email you used to purchase it and get a serial number emailed to you.