Common questions/answers for new users
Deedles88

Post by Deedles88 »

I just recently purchased a Cricut Air Explore 2, my main use is to make spirit wear shirts for myself and family (my kids are in multiple sports and I am wanting to make spirit wear). I feel as if Design Space (for Cricut) is limited for what I am looking for. Does Sure Cuts A Lot offer any premium software (for me to design my own stuff) that is compatible with my Cricut Air Explore 2. Any advice is greatly appreciate as far as Sure Cuts a lot software, or other software. Thanks!
SandyMcC

Re: Newbie

Post by SandyMcC »

Provo Craft (parent company of Cricut) legally forbids 3rd party software programs, such as Sure Cuts A Lot, from cutting directly to their machines. In fact, about 8 years ago, Provo Craft sued three of these companies and the software programs had to be updated to no longer cut to the Cricut models at that time.

However, you CAN use SCAL to design most anything in your imagination and then export as SVG to open in Design Space. There's even a special option in the SVG export window for Design Space users.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Deedles88

Post by Deedles88 »

Thank you for your help ;) I appreciate it!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! Post back if you have any questions about SCAL4. It's a really great program!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ebonylorange

Post by ebonylorange »

You are most welcome with about SCAL4 . Thank you .
SteveMyers

Post by SteveMyers »

You all guys are doing good work. I realized this forum is very active and everyone tries to help others. I faced some problems and posted. Many people came up with the relevant answers and best solution. Thank you guys. Really Appreciated!