Redfish ** I Dit It**

For your help and questions
LiveLaughScrap

Redfish ** I Dit It**

Post by LiveLaughScrap »

Sorry, but I am so proud of myself!! I just cannot contain it!!
I had been asking for help in converting this picture to an .svg or .scut file.

Dogcarbon had tried - Thanks, but the file was not exactly what i was looking for.
Well - low & behold - yesterday something worked for me. I'm still not sure exactly what I did, but when I figure it out I will shout it to the world. Sorry so dramatic, but I have been trying to do this fish for 1 1/2 months.

The file is too big & it won't let me post the pic. But you can follow this link
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.c ... ching.html
to the post on my blog & there is a pic of the test cut on white cardstock with a dark background. The white parts will be clear class & the dark areas will be etched.
I will post the .scut file as soon as I can. I can also post an.svg file, but it won't be exactly the same - I could not save the changes that I made in SCAL as an .svg for some reason.
Thanks for the help and -
TFL,
Lori
Attachments
redfish%20curved[1].jpg
redfish%20curved[1].jpg (11.26 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
Last edited by LiveLaughScrap on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lori
LIVELAUGHSCRAP
A PLACE FOR SHARED CREATIVITY
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com
papasue

Re: Redfish ** I Dit It**

Post by papasue »

So you have an .svg of it?????

This is so beautiful I'd love to see the file you did.

TKS
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

LiveLaughScrap wrote:Sorry, but I am so proud of myself!! I just cannot contain it!!
Well - low & behold - yesterday something worked for me. I'm still not sure exactly what I did, but when I figure it out I will shout it to the world. Sorry so dramatic, but I have been trying to do this fish for 1 1/2 months.
Very nice feeling when you figure something out. Congratulations.
I will post the .scut file as soon as I can. I can also post an.svg file, but it won't be exactly the same - I could not save the changes that I made in SCAL as an .svg for some reason.
You can't save to .svg from within SCAL. You'll have to make the changes in your SVG program.

- Jasen.
LiveLaughScrap

Post by LiveLaughScrap »

papasue,
I have several of them. Like I said, I have to look at it again when I get home so that I can describe what I did. But when I get a chance tonight - I will post all of them & "TRY" to explain what I did. I will also let you all know which .svg file I used to make this .scut file that I cut this with.
Thanks,
Lori
Lori
LIVELAUGHSCRAP
LiveLaughScrap

Post by LiveLaughScrap »

jasenj1 wrote:
LiveLaughScrap wrote:Sorry, but I am so proud of myself!! I just cannot contain it!!
Very nice feeling when you figure something out. Congratulations.
You can't save to .svg from within SCAL. You'll have to make the changes in your SVG program.

- Jasen.
So Jasen,
Then can I import the .scut file into inkscape & then save it as an .svg?
Lori
Lori
LIVELAUGHSCRAP
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Nope. You can't get from SCUT to SVG. It'd be a nice feature. SCAL can read SVG, so it'd make sense that it wouldn't be _too_ hard to make it write them out, but it doesn't.

Personally, I do all my work in Inkscape and use SCAL only for cutting. If I need to make a permanent modification to the file, I make the change in Inkscape and reload the file in SCAL. I do reposition things in SCAL, but if it's a change I want to keep, I do it to the SVG. When actively designing & cutting, I typically have both Inkscape & SCAL open. Inkscape for editing, SCAL for cutting.

- Jasen.
LiveLaughScrap

Post by LiveLaughScrap »

jasenj1 wrote:
Nope. You can't get from SCUT to SVG. It'd be a nice feature. SCAL can read SVG, so it'd make sense that it wouldn't be _too_ hard to make it write them out, but it doesn't.

Personally, I do all my work in Inkscape and use SCAL only for cutting. If I need to make a permanent modification to the file, I make the change in Inkscape and reload the file in SCAL. I do reposition things in SCAL, but if it's a change I want to keep, I do it to the SVG. When actively designing & cutting, I typically have both Inkscape & SCAL open. Inkscape for editing, SCAL for cutting.

- Jasen.
Thanks Jasen,
It would be so much easier to be able to save a.scut to an .svg.
Guess i am going to post this in the Wishlist forum.
I am still not good with inkscape. I made the .svg & I cound not make the changes I wanted to make. (user inability - not the program - I just don't get it) But with the updates to SCAL I was able to make the changes that I wanted easily. I guess I will be sharing .scut files and imperfect .scal files - LOL.
Lori
Lori
LIVELAUGHSCRAP
LiveLaughScrap

Post by LiveLaughScrap »

Ok, all I did was to import the original .jpg from post 1 into inkscape.
Then I just traced bitmap - all I did was change the Edge Detection to .450. I changed nothing else.
So here is the .svg: Please use for personal use only.

TFL,
Lori
Attachments
redfish curved.svg
(173.73 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Last edited by LiveLaughScrap on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lori
LIVELAUGHSCRAP
sharyn

Post by sharyn »

Great fish! thank you I think this will be very useful.
pats4586

Post by pats4586 »

Looks great. Thank you for sharing.